Making his choice

A\N: My third Tony/Jeanne story but second oneshot, enjoy Angels.

Tony DiNozzo stares at the handwriting with the flames providing the light he needs to see the words written, the words are beautifully written despite what they say.

Tony,

I'm not coming back. You need to choose.

Jeanne.

He knows he has to choose. He always knew that he had to choose. He thought he knew what he wanted: NCIS. He thought that Jeanne would be another undercover operation mark but it changed when he met her, before he fell in love with her and she fell in love with him, or rather his alias Tony DiNardo. The flames crack in the fireplace as he thinks of Jeanne. He sighs as he gets up and leaves the house, leaving his team staring after him in confusion.

The hot air blowing from the car does little to dry his soaking wet clothes but he doesn't care about his ruined clothes or that he could end up in the hospital because he spent too long in wet clothes, he doesn't care that his team will probably disown him, not like it'll be the first time he's been disowned for following what the wants to do, he just cares about the love of his life. Jeanne isn't answering her cell or at her apartment and it's worrying him to no end. His phone extension rings on his desk with a call from the Director. Before he can greet her, the Director is telling him to 'get up here, now, DiNozzo.' She sounded distracted for some reason, but Tony just sighs as he hangs up. He walks out of the bullpen dressed in his wet suit and drying hair and up the catwalk steps to the Director's office.

Tony looks at Cynthia and she nods at him so he walks into the Director's office, stopping dead in his tracks when he sees the very person he wanted to see standing in the middle of the office.

"Jeanne." He whispers as he takes her in: brown hair in a ponytail, natural makeup on her face, dressed in jeans and a sweater with a smile on her face. Jeanne smiles at him and opens her mouth to speak but Tony walks forward towards her.

"I've made my choice, Jeanne." Tony says to her softly before her lips crash onto his, her arms going around his neck and his going around her waist, drawing her closer to him. They pull away when air is needed and when they hear a throat clearing.

"You. I choose you, but I also choose NCIS." Tony says, Jeanne laughs. He's missed that laugh over the last few months.

"I know you choose me and NCIS." She says, kissing him again. The couple pull away just as Tony hears a squeal from behind him. Tony turns around and sees his team standing in the doorway, all smiling. Tony lets out a cough which catches everyone's attention.

"Tony, get a shower and change, now." Gibbs orders his SFA. Tony nods before kissing Jeanne and leaving the office. 

Tony walks out of the elevator, dressed in jeans and a t-shirt, his wet suit in a bag on his shoulder ready to be laundered. He sees Jeanne staring out of the window, a faint smile on her face. He walks up beside her and drapes an arm over her shoulder, bringing her head to lay on his shoulder.

"Are you sure you can handle being with me after everything I put you through?" Tony asks gently. Jeanne turns her head towards him.

"Tony, I got to know and fell in love with Tony DiNardo, the movie professor, I can get to know and love Tony DiNozzo the NCIS Agent just as long as you come back home to me at the end of every day." She says with seriousness in her voice, Tony grins.

"I can do that," Tony says before kissing her. "lets go home." He removes her arm from her shoulder and slips his hand in hers, leading her towards the elevator.

Slipping into the passenger seat of Jeanne's car, Tony removes his hand from her and puts it on her thigh. Jeanne pulls out of the parking lot and drives to her apartment. He doesn't look at the scenery as they pass it, his eyes are on the woman sitting next to him.

The ride back to the apartment is quick and quiet. As soon as Jeanne closes the door to the apartment, Tony pins her to the door with a kiss, hooking her leg around her waist and lifting her into his arms.

Tony is awoken by the weight of something on his chest. He looks down and sees his girlfriend asleep on his chest, a smile on her face. He brushes a strand of brown hair out of her closed eyes.

"I love you, Jeanne Benoit." Tony whispers to her. "Thank you for giving me a second chance." The sunlight hits her face, casting her in a golden ray of light. She looks like an angel. His angel.

He stares for a long time until he hears her voice from his chest. "Are you staring at me?" Comes the sleepy yet beautiful voice of his girlfriend. He grins as he brushes his fingers over her naked shoulder.

"You just look so beautiful when you sleep." He tells her, staring into her gray-blue eyes. She sits up and kisses him tenderly.

"I love you too." Jeanne says before resting her head on his naked shoulder.

Tony kisses her head and closes his green eyes.

He's glad he made his choice and that it was the right one.

A\N: I love this ship so much! Thank you for reading, Angels!