Clara

"Masaya ka ba kahit wala siya?"

🦋;

I put myself to the blame of letting you get away.

But I feel it coming back.

I closed my eyes... as I flashback...

Helplessly, I relapsed.

"So sa loob ng 14 years, Clara, hindi ka man lang ba nagka-boyfriend even before and after him?" Napantanto ako sa reyalidad nang magsalita ulit ang host.

I was currently being interviewed by a big-time show. The company took advantage of the offer because, in a few weeks, we will be announcing my upcoming film. Probably my last show and finally I'll be living the life I wanted.

I loved the idea of being an actress. I love the fame and everything I do. It is my passion, acting is my passion and he was the passion I've lost.

"I did have a boyfriend before him, the reason why we became friends." I looked at the camera.

Tipid ako na ngumiti.

When the camera man moved to another spot, nagulat ako. Kaagad nawala iyon nang magtanong ulit ang host na nasa kabilang banda ko lang na naka-upo.

"Wow! So how did you two become friends? Paano at saan kayo nagkakilala hanggang sa maging close ng lubusan?" His brows furrowed in curiosity as he put his chin on his palm while waiting for answers.

The audience starts cheering and asking.

Binalik ko ang tingin sa nahagip kong tao kanina bago ko pa magawang sagutin ang naging tanong nung host.

"When my first boyfriend and I broke up years ago, I went to a computer shop to distract myself from the pain. I was so young then and barely know a serious relationship. I myself believed that it was just puppy love, pero sobra akong nasaktan noong naghiwalay kami. I stayed at the com-shop for so long until dozed off to sleep. A stranger tapped my head to wake me up and says "It's already 4 a.m in the morning, wala ka bang planong umuwi sa inyo?" it was a genuine approach. Napangiti niya ako kahit wasak na wasak na buong pagkatao ko lalo na kapag nakangiti siya..." a tear a suddeny escaped from my one eye.

A moment of silence...

Everyone looked at me with puppy eyes like they are so willing to hear my love story.

I bit my lower lip as I looked away from her.

Yves.

"The next day, I went back to the place to distract myself again. Few days after and weeks after. Months have already passed. Palagi na akong bumabalik doon, and one day I asked myself if my purpose of going there was still because of my ex or just to see her there," suminghap ako.

"We became friends after. Lovers when we both realized our feelings for each other. Our parents supported us wholeheartedly that's what makes the relationship even stronger. We were surrounded with full of love and support. We have never heard of someone in our lives discriminating against us for who we are. All we could think about is our love for each other. It's like we are here to learn how to love one of us to eternity."

"We really don't know what love can do to us... I think I need a huge stack of tissues after this." nanginginig na sabi nung host na halos mangiyak na rin.

I wiped my tears using my hands.

"Pero nakakatakot pala ang ganoon pagmamahal. Nakakatakot kahit na ang lahat naman ay naka-suporta sa inyo. Mapapa-isip ka kung mahal niyo ba talaga ang isat-isat isa o nanatili lang kayo dahil iyon yung gusto ng lahat para sa inyong dalaw. Parang nakadepende na lang ang pagmamahalan na 'min sa kanila."

"Sila... Sila ang naging rason kung bakit kami umabot ng ganoon ka tagal, hindi dahil mahal pa namin ang isat-isa."

"Ah... so like, nag stay kayo kasi kapag naghiwalay kayo... marami ang madi-dissapoint?" She hit a nerve.

Tumango ako at tipid na ngumiti habang patuloy sa pag-agos ang mga luha ko mula sa aking mga mata. Inabutan niya ako ng tissue.

"Mahal mo pa rin ba siya?"

"Do you have plans to settle down once again?"

"Masaya ka ba kahit wala siya?"

Sunod-sunod niyang tanong. Sa panghuli niyan lang sinabi ako ay napatanto.

"If you ask this to someone, they'll probably say yes... 'masaya ako, ganito, ganiyan." natawa ako.

"Pero, ako? Hindi ko rin alam kung anong nararamdaman ko na wala siya nagdaang panahon. Masasabi kong masaya ako sa buhay ko ngayon at masaya rin ako sa kung ano ang mayroon man siya ngayon. Para sa 'kin iba pa rin ang mga panahong nandito siya tabi ko." I smiled bitterly at my Yves who was watching me.

She was smiling. Her eyes can really tell so many things, and here she is, hiding so many questions in there. She was strong for maintaining a smiley face even though she wanted to cry. I can tell she is about to flood.

"Paano kung kakatok siya sa pintuan mo isang gabi, at sasabihin niya na gusto niyang ibalik ang nakaraan. Babalik ka pa ba?" The host wiped his tears.

"Kaya 'nga wala na kami eh. It already happened 2 years ago and I refused to be with her." Nagulat ako ng tumulo na ang mga luha sa kanyang mga mata at nag iwas ng tingin.

"What if she's here and I will give a chance to tell her everything you want to tell her? Gagawin mo ba?"

Muli akong suminghap at umayos sa pagka-upo.

"I already did say everything I want to say."

Everyone was stunned even the cameraman, directors, and the other staff were looking at each other. Halos hindi makagalaw si Ezi na para bang hindi niya ma proseso sa kanyang isipan ang sinabi ko. Some already get it pero yung iba ay tanong pa rin ng tanong kung nagsasabi ba ako ng totoo.

"Yves Jules Laurent Moretti. She's my ex-girlfriend. Please pay respect to her," I nervously smiled at her.

I already know that she will be the one who will get interviewed after me. Kaya tinanggap ko tong show na ito para lang makita ko siya ulit. We barely see each other after she went to my door to get me back. After that, it was complicated to find her.

She looked very beautiful in that black slip dress. Sobrang tangkad niya na, matangos ang ilong, perpekto ang jaw line at makapal pa rin ang labi.

Kaagad siyang nag iwas ng tingi at tinugon ang panyo na binigay sa kanya nung lalake.

"We'll be back everyone!" Si Ezi.

The show had already stopped airing. Yves backed out with a man. Ezi looked at me.

"Akala ko lalake si Yves 'nung una. But when you said 'her' I couldn't help to think of Yves Moretti that she was the one you're talking about. Hindi naman mahirap na paniwalaan na naging kayo, I've seen articles about you two." Si Ezi habang hinimas ang buhok ko.

One staff went to us with two glasses of water. Ezi handed it to me and I immediately drank it.

Inalayan niya ako papuntang dressing room to freshen up a bit. The interview was a rollercoaster. Nung una puro lang dating rumors and my experience with my upcoming film. Hindi ko na malayan na makarating kami sa ex ko. I wasn't actually expecting that one too.

I was left alone in the room.

Every now and then.

She's still naive.

A triune beat invaded my aerial. Everything is starting to come back in my mind when she knocked on my door.

I closed my eyes... I sensed that the door was already open. I can see her smile even in the darkness.

Mi amor.

AVRLBNZ