Chapter 3

~ 2 weeks Later ~

It had been 2 weeks since dad and Karen and gotten married. They were due to come back from their honeymoon in a few days which would be nice, to see how everything went.

It has also been 2 weeks since Nathan and I decided to see where everything takes us, although we haven't actually spoken to each other much over these past 2 weeks. I confined myself to my room most of the time just reading or listening to music.

My dad has always told me that I should be out more making friends or meeting friends since I'm only 23. Nathan doesn't go out either and he's 26. He stays in his room listening to music or he spends time with Jess, watching movies and stuff like that. You know, the normal sibling stuff.

I wanted to speak to Nathan about that night but, I couldn't find the words that I wanted to say so, I just stayed quiet. It was easier like that. It was better for us if I just kept my distance and kept my mouth shut. We're family now. It would be so weird for the both of us.

I sighed as I close the book I was reading. I couldn't concentrate on the book any longer so I plugged my headphones into my phone and listened to music instead.

While I listened to some music, I opened up my laptop and decided to play some games. I wasn't bothered about what I was playing, I just needed to do something to try and clear my head but all I could think about was what Nathan had said at the wedding and what I got myself into that I had now gotten myself out of.

I like Nathan, I really do but it's too weird. He told me that he's in love with me but, how could he be? He hardly even knows me. He hasn't took the time to get to know me either.

What I really want is a relationship to develop with someone who is more of a friend. Someone who will take the time to get to know the real me. Someone who wants to hear my stories, my secrets, everything. Someone who will love me unconditionally through all our ups and downs. Someone who isn't my stepbrother.

XX

Later during the day, I went downstairs and grabbed myself something to eat before I headed out. I had contacted my best friend, Peyton, and asked her if she'd like to go out for a few drinks. She agreed and she was bringing along, Simeon, her boyfriend, and Beatrice, her other friend.

Once they all arrived, I invited them up to my room while I finished getting ready.

"Phe, you look so HOT!" Peyton exclaims, putting emphasis on the word hot.
"Me? Look at you..." I trail off, "Simeon, you gotta keep an eye on her. The boys will be all over her." I joked as he shook his head, smiling.
"Phe. We gotta get you one of these." Peyton says, putting her arm around Simeon's shoulder.

I shook my head and laughed before finishing my makeup and pinning my hair back. I was wearing a strapless black dress and Peyton was right. I looked hot. I finished off my outfit with some black heels and grabbed my handbag.

"Simeon's driving!" Peyton exclaimed as we all came down the stairs.
"Phe, wait!" I hear someone say as I turn to see Nathan stood there.
"What?" I ask as he shrugs.
"You look gorgeous." He says as I hug him, "And don't forget that you're mine." He whispers as I push him away.
"No, Nathan. I'm not yours. We barely said a word to each other these past few weeks. I'm going out, having fun and hopefully, I'll meet someone..." I trail off and walk towards the door, "Don't wait up."

I shut the front door and walk to the car, getting in the back beside Beatrice and talking to Peyton, excited for the night out.

I'm just hoping this would be more fun than staying at home.