|| Past Brothers... Future...?||

|| Anakin's POV ||

"Ruwee..." Anakin tried to sound friendly, tried not to act like the terrible sith he had been when they had last spoken.

Ruwee paled at the sound of his voice. Like the anger that he felt moments ago had been sucked out and replaced by fear of the monster before him.

Anakin felt himself start to break, but ignored it.

Jobal was standing behind her husband, like he would be able to protect her from the wrath of Darth Vader.

Anakin tried to shut out the thought from his head but to no avail.

He could choke them to death in seconds and probably would have had he still been Darth-

He shook his head.

Trying again he turned to his parents in law...

"I wanted to say that I'm-"

Ruwee cut in... "Dont."

His fear turned back into hatred.

He shut his mouth. He was very much the man in power here, he knew that. He knew that he could kill them will a motion of his hand.

But so did they, they were scared of him. Everyone was. That was the problem, even Padme, who now stood next to him grabbing his arm.

"Ani." She whispered, her eyes darting between him and her father. She was a strong woman, never shy to state her opinion. Even to him while he was..

He didn't think about that dark part of him that had controlled him for 6 months... that had done so many horrible things.

That part of him was the reason why Ruwee now stared at him in hatred.

He cleared his throat. "I know the last time you saw m-"

Ruwee held up his hands. "Dont," he said again.

A small part of Anakin recoiled, this man had no authority, who was he to-

Anakin shut that voice out. instead he placed his hand ontop of Padmes. She was trembling. It was her father and her husband afterall who were-

Her fathers gruff voice filled the air.

"Obiwan filled me in before i- we came here. Told me you were the one who called us to take..." his gaze went to Luke and Leia, his furious expression softening before it returned to Anakin.

Jobal stepped infront of her husband, a gentle woman, just like Anakins mother, that was why he had always liked her.

"We will take them." She smiled at Padme, with a motherly love, but her gaze didn't mean Anakins. Infact it made an effort to avoid it.

She walked to the crib and took his children... he wanted to reach out to stop her, stop them.. he didn't know if he could-

He shook his head, this was dangerous for them. They were in a rebel base, it was best if they were with their Grandparents.

Jobal gave Padme another smile before she left. She seemed to have no words to say. Ruwee did though, "weather you have come back from the darkside or not, you came into our home as Darth Vader, you were Darth Vader infront of my grandchildren. I will not forget that, and I don't think she will either."

He motioned to Padme before leaving the room, the door slamming behind him. Anakin stared at the door for a while, he was numb. He refused to let anything Padme's father had said stick.. he didn't think he would be able to handle it.

Just like he wasn't sure he was able to handle not seeing Luke and Leia for a while, them not being here-

he took a shaky breath and meant to squeeze Padme's hand- but it wasn't there.