His journey

He started to walk. After some time, he came across a woman. She was crying. "Why are you crying dear woman?" Asked the boy. The woman said "My firewood is over and my leg is fractured. How will I cook food now?". The boy thought for a while and gave her the stick saying "Use this stick so that you can cook food". The woman was overjoyed and gave him 2 dosas and a glass of milk for helping her.
The boy started to walk again. After some distance, he met a woman and her baby who were selling pots. The baby was crying so he went and asked the woman why the baby was crying. The woman said that she had made no money out of selling pots and had no food to feed her or her baby. The boy gave her the 2 dosas and milk so that she could feed herself and her baby. The woman was grateful for the boy and gave him a pot as a thank you.
The boy started walking again. Then he got an idea. The pot was very big that he could fit in it! So, he started to ride in the pot. But suddenly, he started going downhill very fast and crashed in a washer man's pot! Breaking it. The washerman was furious and demanded him for a new pot. The boy gave the washerman his pot which was larger and deeper. The washerman gave him a wool coat as a reward.
The boy started walking again. After a while, he met a man who was crying. After calming him down, he asked him why he was crying. The man told " A thief burgled my house and took everything! Even my clothes!" The boy gave pity on him and gave him his coat. The man was happy and gave him a horse which the thief left behind.
The boy started walking again. Even though he couldn't ride a horse, he thought he could sell for a handsome price. After a while of walking, he saw a family in terror. He went and asked them what was wrong. The father said " It is our son's marriage today and he has to go and be picked up by a horse but the horse has strayed away without being seen! If we don't find another horse fast, the marriage will be called off!" The boy saw his horse and said " Take my horse. You can keep it if you'd like. I can't ride anyways." After the groom came on the horse, the father asked for any favour. The boy said " Could I be a part of the wedding band? I always wanted to play a drum!" The father said agreed.
After the ceremony, the father asked the boy to wait. And behold, he gave the boy a drum as a gift!

The boy was overjoyed!