introduction

Harley Dobreva-Hale was put into foster care on her fifth birthday. Of course then she still was only Harley Dobreva, the identity of her father stayed a mystery. Her mother had no interest in her, not after she discovered what happened when a vampire's child transitioned.

She was bounced between countless foster homes for seven years. Some good, some bad. But it was like she could do anything about it. The first full moon after she turned twelve everything changed for Harley.

Unknown to the brunette her birth father was apparently a werewolf, meaning that on that full moon Harley went from a sweet little girl to a monster with claws and fangs. 

Harley was sent away after that and she thought she was dead. But someone who worked in the foster system knew about her and what she was. She was put in a special group home for supernatural creatures.

The kids were able to be themselves without fear or consequence. It was perfect, she couldn't have asked for anything better. But it didn't last long. Seven months before she was supposed to age out the home was shut down.

Funding had dropped and people started getting suspicious of the home. It was more important to protect the secret than keep the kids safe, at least thats what the owners thought. 

They made notes of mental illness on all the children, so all the kids were spread out to different mental hospitals and psych wards. It would be safer if they were locked away then to risk hurting any families.

Harley was sent to Eichen house. Although she was lucky enough to stay out of the closed unit she knew one slip up would send her to a cage in the basement. Even if she was crazy, because of her paper work and state law she had to stay until she was eighteen.

The werewolf was placed in a room with another teen girl, Meredith Walker. She knew the girl was special, a banshee that learned what she was too late. The pair became best friends. Well, as good as friends as two girls in an insane asylum could be.

Not long after one of the banshee's breakdowns sent her to solitary living, they feared she would be a danger to a roommate. So Harley was being forced to get a new roommate herself.

There were only two months left until she aged out so she wasn't going to bother trying to connect with anyone else. But as soon as the new girl got there they couldn't deny the bond. Malia Tate was like the sister she never had.

She helped the girl control her coyote urges and get up to date on what life was like being seventeen considering the girl had been stuck in animal form for almost ten years. Because of the help she gave Malia took her in.

When she aged out the girl convinced her father to let Harley move in with them. She though her life was finally going to be good. She was through the drama. But life only got worse when the werewolf joined the McCall pack.