1.05

≿━━━━━━━━━━𓆩Shake Your Groove Thing𓆪━━━━━━━━━━━≾

"Good morning," Freya said, as she joined Derek, Meredith and George at the elevator.

"Morning," it came back from all three. Freya grabbed Derek's fork and stole some of the salad from Derek.

"Hey," Derek said.

"I hadn't had breakfast yet," Freya grinned. Derek shook his head in amusement.

The elevator opened and Freya entered with George and Meredith.

"See you later," Derek said.

"Bye," Meredith said, deep in thought. Freya frowned at how broken Meredith looked. She turned to George but he just shrugged.

"Meredith," Freya said, but Meredith didn't respond.

"Meredith, hey, are you alright?" Freya asked, putting her hand on Meredith's shoulder, which pulled her out of her thoughts. Meredith opened her mouth but closed it again. Before she started talking.

"I think maybe I did something to the heart when I was holding it. I nodded off a little, squeezed it" Meredith said.

"Please. The heart's tough muscle. It can take a squeeze or two." George said. Meredith sighed.

"My fingernail popped a glove, cut straight through." Meredith said. Freya and George looked at her with wide eyes.

Meredith turns to them. "What if I punctured Mrs. Patterson's heart?"

"If you punctured it, you would have know when they reperfused. They got her heart beating. The woman's OK." George said. Which made Meredith look at him.

"So, shouldn't I tell Burke?" Meredith asked.

"Tell him what?" George replied.

"You know, nothing happened. The woman's OK, right?" George said.

"She's OK." Meredith mumbled. "She's fine." George nodded.

"I would tell him." Freya said. Which made Meredith and George look at her.

"Why?" Meredith asked.

"Honesty is the best policy, right? And wouldn't you, as a patient, also want to know the truth." Freya said.

Meredith sighed, not sure whether to tell Burk the Truth or not. 

ᵜᵜᵜᵜᵜ

"What do you see, George?" Bailey asked.

"Hyperinflated lungs, cloudy with bullae. Seriously diminished capacity. She must be having trouble breathing." George said. Bailey nodded.

"Course of action, Freya?" Bailey asked.

"A bullectomy procedure. Remove the bullae. Reduce the pressure." Freya said.

"It says here we operated on her back in '99. Mrs. Drake has been through this before, but talk her through it anyway. And resist the anti-smoking lectures. She feels bad enough already." Webber commanded. Freya raised an eyebrow as George walk over to Bailey. 

"So, do you think, if they put a picture of these in a pack of cigarettes, people would stop smoking?" George asked. Sighing, Freya rolled her eyes when George didn't get an answer from Bailey, grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the patient's room.

"No they wouldn't, and now come on." Freya said. She let go of his arm and walked into the room.

"Good morning Mrs. Drake." Freya greeted the patient. Freya walked over to the bed and checked Mrs. Drake's readings.