𝐯. TRANSITION 。

THE summer flew by in sunnydale, their sunny days were numbered and the beginning of the girl's college prime had begun. during this transition, Misty had settled more into her life at sunnydale, she had attempted to keep her witchiness under wraps, to the best of her abilities. Except when it came down to any sort of trouble that got in her way.

misty's main pastime had revolved around stealing, something she was used to, and had a knack for. sunnydale certainly wasn't free from crime, and with the supernatural creatures crawling the streets, well, that only made it easier. she had made friends with most of the local pawn shops, and had even traveled out of town for a few, whoever gave her the highest price. this wasn't exactly something she spoke openly about, but she knew those who ran in the circles, luckily they were far away from anything that buffy summers got her fingers into. but if they did find out, she would surely say it was purely to get by, ignoring the fact that the brunette sincerely enjoyed it.

that and she enjoyed the local nightlife in sunnydale. yet college parties were uncharted waters, so when buffy invited her to one, she jumped at the chance. mainly for the free alcohol. the last time she talked to buffy she seemed quite overwhelmed with the whole college thing, but she brought along this guy called parker, who seemed nice. misty didn't really give him much attention, he seemed much more interested in buffy so she wasn't going to just play a third wheel for the night so she began to mingle.

"so boys, wanna place some bets?" a few drinks down and misty had already began trying to take advantage of drunken frat boys' wallets. she certainly wasn't an expert at pool, but she didn't need to be, that's what the magic was for. luckily for her, there was a plethora of fragile masculinity that didn't believe a girl could win at pool. the boy she was playing against seemed to be one of the more sober-ish attendees, but that didn't matter. "watch and learn, shane."

"it's brad." unconcerned with his correction that was muffled by the surrounding noise, she lined up the final shot she needed, though two balls were left, she knew it would be easy with the trick up her sleeve. but as she hit it, her attention was attracted elsewhere. buffy and parker seemed to have collided with a duo who was carrying an awfully drunk dude. that was until she heard the conversation that ensued. and but in a moment, the dude was thrown at buffy and the blonde tried to escape-- yet she was just as quick to follow. misty took advantage of the situation and grabbed the pile of bills on the table while people seemed to be preoccupied by the incapacitated dude, before following her friend out the door.

it wasn't hard to spot the group of blondes that obvious tension emanated from, she wasn't about to jump in the middle of them as the slayer had her handy stake all too ready for action. though she did notice the all too familiar bleach blonde, leather jacket wearing vampire. and he seemed all too familiar with the slayer as well, misty's thought were interrupted by the mention of "the gem of amara", that certainly perked up her ears. surely she didn't makeout with such a dumb vamp that would think that was real, she watched as the two ran away before reaching buffy.

"damn, just missed out on all the fun." she joked, eyeing up the way they ran. "we going to catch up to them?"

"god no, i'm sure they'll slow themselves down." buffy groaned.

"do you know them? more than the regular old vamp run ins." misty prodded, hoping to get more information out of the slayer.

"well, we used to go to high school with the girl, but she's a vampire now. and the other one," she took a deep breath. "tried to kill me, multiple times. he's killed two slayers before, but must be getting pretty rusty." she joked, though obviously irritated they would interrupt her night.