Prologue

2010

September was still a warm month, even for Arcadia Bay.
The thick humid air was still haunting the hallways of Blackwell academy and the sun was still strong enough to warm up the few people that were still wearing shorts and crop tops.

Yet apparently, inside the walls of Blackwell academy a pair of ripped jeans in the knees, was an incredibly disgraceful piece of clothing. So here I was, walking down the empty School aisle straight to the principal office after getting dress coded.
What a great way to start the day.

I plopped down in one of the chairs in front of the principal office waiting to be called in. The room was silent, filled with that uncomfortable humid air that was coating the whole town.
I raised my eyes from the unopened bottle of water I was fidgeting with and that's when I noticed an angry looking boy sitting in the chair across from mine.

His face looked beaten up to say the least, he had a red bruise around his eye which was probably gonna turn into a black eye, his nose was slightly bleeding, and he had a hand pressed to his ribs, probably in attempt to relief the pain.

Nathan Prescott. It was nearly impossible to not know who he was if you lived in Arcadia Bay, due to the influence that his family, especially his dad had on the town.
But here at Blackwell he was mostly know for his father's questionable actions, the fact that he bought his place in the football team and his very short temper. Which definitely didn't make him the most liked student in the school, and was also probably the reason of his beaten up face.

Now, being the discrete person that I was I couldn't just say nothing.
"Holy shit what happened to you" I stated with a look on my face that could almost be described as worried, his attention shifted to me, "just mind your own fucking business freak" he replied with his usual irritated expression.

Of course I didn't expect any different kind of answer, since the person I was talking to was none other than Nathan Prescott, especially when he was waiting outside the principal office and his faces was all fucked up.

"Woah, I was just checking on you man" I said while raising both of my hands in defense. That was in fact not true, but he probably already knew it. He just scoffed and looked the other way, now even more pissed off than before.

In all honesty, I did kinda feel bad for him, he was being bullied for things he didn't really have control over, but he made it so difficult to emphasize with him, when all he did was shout at people who were genuinely trying to help him.

"Hey" i almost whispered. He once again looked my way, and now it looked like he couldn't possibly get more annoyed, but I spoke anyway, "catch this" and without waiting for an answer I threw at him the still cold bottle of water.

He successfully grabbed it with a bit of struggle and then turned his injured face back at me, "what the fuck do you want me to do with this"  his angry voice now almost fading into a confused one.

"Just put it on your eye, it's gonna help"
I replied carelessly.
"Yeah, no way" now the anger was slowly creeping back into his voice. "No seriously, you need it, if you don't put something cold on it that eye in gonna look nasty by tomorrow"
That statement probably convinced him enough, because without saying anything he gently pressed the cold bottle on the bruise, looking almost defeated.

Just then the door of the office opened and a guy who looked like he could have been a senior walked away while glaring at Nathan, knowing that he was gonna face much less consequences, like he always had.
The guy had a few bruises on his face too, but it was pretty obvious who had it worse in whatever fight they had.
Without a word said from the principal Nathan stood up and entered the room, leaving me in the quiet room alone.

~

A/n
I'm sorry if this chapter is super short but I wanted to start the story with kind of a flashback I guess??
Anyways, the upcoming chapters will definitely be longer and more interesting

Have a nice day! <3