Chapter 31 - Explaning to the boys

Chapter 31
Gina's P.O.V

When Madam Pince told Hermione to put all of her books back, I helped her out and then we headed out and into the corridor. The air was once again brisk and chilly and I could smell the food from the great hall wafting in the wind. We were walking around the corner to go down to Potions when I stopped dead in my tracks.

I saw Jess coming up towards me with Grace and she too stopped dead in her tracks. I looked her in the eyes and when she blinked she ran straight towards me. Her arms tightened around my back and her heart beat raced. I held her tight in my arms, I looked over my shoulder and saw that Hermione nodded and headed down to potions, Grace following after her with a kind smile on her face.

“Jess we need to talk,” I stated as I pulled away from the embrace. She nodded and then looked around to see if anyone was around. I pulled her hand and out through a gap in the wall and into the grounds where the water fountain was the only thing around.

“How are you Jess?” I asked, not totally sure what I was actually supposed to say. I hadn't spoken to her since the night we saw Draco and Pansy kissing. She must of heard some of the rumours that had been going around school by now.

“I'm all right I guess. What about you?” She asked back. I simply nodded. This was going to be an awkward conversation between the both of us but before I could say anything she stopped me with her own words.

“Gina. Professor Dumbledore told me about what you did to Draco and the pig,” she stated. I smiled a little but Jess's face was returning the gesture.

“G you could of got yourself expelled for doing that. It's only that Dumbledore is friendly to us and our family that you have not been,” she sternly said. I turned my head away from her and looked at the water trickling down the water fountain.

“What was I supposed to do Jess? Let some pathetic Slytherin's walk over my sister and do such thing to her?” I spat back. My forehead started to burn and the aching sensation once again stung the back of my neck. Neither of us said anything for a while.

“Thank you.” She honestly said. My head snapped around to see that she had a smile on her face but when I looked into her eyes there was something more alike to strain and anxiety. I smiled back at her and she looked me up and down and then stopped at my neck and then at the bandage slightly sticking out of my shirt.

“What are those markings on your neck from? And what have you done to your shoulder,” she claimed. I looked down to my shirt and quickly buttoned it up so it was hiding the bandage sticking out. Then I looked away. Afraid of what to say to her. Afraid of her reaction. I took a very deep breath in and exhaled and began to recall the story from when I hit Draco and Pansy up until I went to the hospital wing this morning. There were tears in her eyes that slowly fell down her face as she listened carefully throughout my story. I found it hard to explain certain things and something I simply did not feel comfortable to tell anyone. Like what my dream was about and how strong the image of it had become. Another was that Sirius gave me his address so I could write to him.

“I am so sorry Gina. All this is my fault. If I hadn't of gone out with Draco in the first place, none of this would of happened and you would not be hurt." I sighed and shook my head.

“No Jess. None of this is your fault. I should not have done what I did and nothing can be done to change it,” I answered and she said nothing but wiped the tears from her eyes. As jess went to argue the bell for next period went off and she stood up. I copied and hugged her tightly. I found that in my own eyes, liquid had began to collect and a tear was ready to drop. I closed my eyes and it escaped through my eyelids. We pulled away and I wiped the tear from my cheek and rubbed my eyes.