Reclamation

Amarantha rushed out early in the morning to visit Aeon; her sullen spirit lifted the moment she got word that he was responsive.

"Melli? Melli darling?" Amarantha woke her son. Melli's eyes began to water as he squeezed the plush flower he slept with. "It's time to wake up!"

"Mommy... I'm tired," he pouted, pulling his covers tightly over his head.

"It's important to wake up nice and early, darling," Amarantha reminded him gently. "You have a lot of time to do things if you wake up early," she smiled down at him. "Do you want to see daddy?" Melli's eyes lit up.

"Daddy!?"

"Yes, he's feeling better I hear. We can visit him today. If daddy is feeling well enough, he might come home with us!" Amarantha didn't want to get her son's hopes up, but part of her wanted to remain hopeful and optimistic in light of recent events.

"Yaaay! I wanna see daddy!"

"We'll see him today, darling. Let's get ready now," Amarantha laid out a clean uniform and a pair of grey pants for her son. "Would you like me to help you?" Melli sat up and hugged his mother's side.

"Ummm... yes."

"Alright, darling. Lift your arms for me, please?" Melli lifted his arms up so his mother could slip the uniform over his head. "Good, thank you." Amarantha peaked into Melli's nappy. "Let's get you cleaned up while we're at it..." a small sweat drop fell from her forehead as she blushed. "What a stinky, smelly baby you are."

Amarantha and Melli left the home after sharing a cosy breakfast and caring for the cocoon pokémon. Melli tried to keep up with his mother as she walked hastily with excitement to see her husband again. It's been a while since she'd seen him and she wasn't going to miss the opportunity to see him now that he was starting to recover.

"Wait!" Melli flapped his arms and squealed as he fell far behind his determined mother. He brought his plush flower toy with him to play with. "Mommy..." he sniffled.

"I'm sorry darling," Amarantha turned back to pick up her son. "I've got you, okay?"

Amarantha stood outside of the tent adjacent to the main house where the leader of the Clan and his family resided; the Clan leader and his family personally took responsibility for what happened by overseeing Aeon's recovery because they always had a habit of doing what they could to help in the moment instead of putting things off or leaving one of their own with little support. Action and focusing on what could be done in the present were fundamental values for the Clan and all its members.

"Good morning," Amarantha bowed her head politely to the two clan members sitting outside the tent. "I've come to visit Aeon."

"Good morning, Miss Amarantha. Right this way," one man stood up, bowed, and escorted her inside. Amarantha carried Melli, who was suckling his thumb and squeezing his plush.

"Aeon!" Amarantha set Melli down and sat beside the bed her husband was propped up in.

"My Oriental Sweetlips," the man's eyes fluttered open and began to focus on her familiar pear-shaped figure. Amarantha took his hand in hers and carefully leaned her head against his shoulder. He felt so warm to the touch and his rhythmic heartbeat felt so soothing to hear again.

"Aeon," tears of relief fell from her eyes. "I'm so happy to hear your voice again. You have no idea how much I missed it." A soft smile spread across Aeon's face.

"Daddy? Daddy!!" Melli tried to look over the bed; he stood on his toes trying to see his father.

"Would you like to see daddy?" Amarantha lifted Melli up just enough to see his father.

"Daddy!!" He squealed. "Daddy, I have a toy." Melli showed the plush flower to Aeon, who laughed a little.

"How is Melli today?" Aeon asked his son.

"Melli is great!"

"That's right, Melli is great," Amarantha cooed, kissing Melli on the crown of his hooded head.

"The great Melli is here," Aeon smiled down at his son who was gleefully showing him the plush he brought along with him.

"I see you bought your toy! It's very nice, Melli." Melli babbled with pure joy at the sound of his father's voice. "Amarantha-" Amarantha realised she was squeezing Aeon's hand a bit too much. She backed away immediately and blushed.

"I'm sorry, darling. I didn't meant to-" she twiddled her thumbs bashfully. "I missed you so much. I guess I got carried away." Aeon reached out to her.

"You've always been so shy, you know?" he smiled warmly. "It's one of the many things I love about you."