Unlikely Escape

(F/n) couldn't seem to find an opening to escape

(F/n) couldn't seem to find an opening to escape. A night and a half has passed and she came to the conclusion that he must not need sleep since he never closed his eyes for more than a blink. Every time he would leave past the tree line, she took that chance to sneak away, but he was always a few steps ahead of her. Being on the island, and not having anywhere to run, the bounty hunter didn't bother with her restraints, letting her roam around as long as she was in sight.

The princess straightens her legs and flattens her dress out, wrinkling her nose slightly as she looks over at the bounty hunter. "You'll be watching me relieve myself?" She asks in a disapproving voice as his void-like eyes watch her.

"I'm giving you the freedom to walk around. That's more than enough," he responds in a monotone voice as she begins walking back towards the small campsite. He follows behind her, his expression remaining still, watching for any suspicious movements.

"If I had freedom, I wouldn't be stuck on this island with you,"  (F/n) remarks, rolling her eyes slightly and she sits against a tree, letting the bark dig into the exposed skin on the back of her neck as she brings her knees to her chest. The bounty hunter doesn't say anything, unbothered by her words, tending to the jerky that was sitting in a small cloth bag that also contained salt and other herbs.

Biting the inside of her cheek at the silence, she begins to think of possible ways to escape, hoping she'd finally have a chance at her own idea of freedom. The two of them knew he was stronger than her, faster even, so she'd have to find out how to get him occupied with something else. To make sure he was completely distracted would be a hard thing to do since he was, once again, always a step ahead.

There wasn't anything in (F/n)'s  bag that would help her and she didn't want to use one of his weapons since he kept them close by or in his line of sight. Everything she came up with had a flaw. The ending was always her being caught and brought back to the church and back to the unfortunate wedding. 

She sighs deeply, the sound not going unnoticed by the bounty hunter, causing him to give her a quick side eye before going back to his previous activities. He didn't understand why she was frustrated, she put herself into this position after all. Not that he really cared, he had a job to do after all. 

The birds chirp and sing to each other in the trees above the wind picks up a slight bit, causing to leaves to rustle and the man's pony tail to sway gently and a faint scent of salt water fills the air. If it wasn't for the situation (F/n) was in, she would've thought everything was normal, as if she was merely on an outdoors trip, but the situation wasn't normal and this certainly wasn't an ideal spot for camping. 

As she's lost in thought, dirt covers (F/n)'s fingers while she runs her hand along the ground, making random shapes on the earthy floor.  The tips of her fingers drag across a few rocks and she wipes the first layer or two of dirt from them, revealing the white, smooth surfaces under the layers. (F/n) mindlessly stacks them, turning them into something that resembles a snowman and she stares at it for a moment, in her thoughts.

The bounty hunter stands up, tossing a bundle of cloth near her, knocking down the stack of rocks. (F/n) blinks for a moment before turning her attention to him and he nods his head towards the fabrics. "Change into those," his voice was bland, but it held a demanding under-tone. "The ones you're wearing are filthy."

(F/n) huffs quietly as she looks down at her outfit, before standing up. She didn't know why he was suddenly concerned about her being dirty, but without questioning it- since (F/n) knew that complaining or asking questions would get her nowhere- she immediately begins to undress. He stares at her for a moment, a possible look of confusion flashing across his eyes, before he shakes his head. "I don't want to watch you change" he nods his head towards a direction before turning his back to her, "I'll look away." 

"You'll watch me pee, but watching me change my clothes is where you draw the line?" When he doesn't answer, she rolls her eyes and begins to undress, dropping her clothes to the ground before pulling up the black tights and black dress. 

The dress flared above her knees and the sleeves were a sheer fabric, dropping just below her elbows. Why he would have these kind of clothes with him in the first place, slightly baffled her, but she doesn't voice her curiosity when she laces up her boots. 

"Are you finished?" He asks loudly, startling (F/n) and she loosens her grip on the string before biting the inside of her cheek. He was clearly getting impatient and she glares at the back of his head as she straightens up. 

"Yes," she mutters before going back to her spot against the tree. However, before she can sit down, he holds his hand up as to stop her and she raises a brow at him. 

"We're going to leave soon, Princess," he answers her silent question while picking up his things and stashing them away in his bag. She copies him, grabbing her bag as well and drapes it across her shoulder, but there wasn't much thrill in her movements.  

"What about the food?" (F/n) asks, eyeing the spot the jerky was settled before she looks back up at him and notices his dismissive glance towards it. He tightens his ponytail and adjusts his posture, "I'll come back for it, we don't have time to stand around and wait." She only nods along to his words before leaning her empty shoulder against the tree. "A ship will pass by in less than an hour, it's best if we get going now."

Soon enough, she'd be back at the church, wearing a crown that was only for show and she'd belong to a man for the rest of her life who couldn't give a shit less about her or the kids he'd have with her. She would be under heavy guard, her every movement watched. Maybe there really wasn't a way out of this, maybe that's how her life was intended to be. 

The princess clenches her teeth and stares at the ground. She wasn't going to give up just yet, she would just have to play her cards right and hope she'd win, but she'd play along with what she's already been dealt.