Chapter 17: Louis's Secret

"Ok, I will tell you but before that let me clear that I had no major hand in that accident rest of my family was mainly involved so I don't know much," Louis says and crosses his legs.

Michael and Joseph were watching him anxiously. The whole room is filled with a mysterious atmosphere. After a long silence, Louis began to speak.

"So when this accident happened. I was in France for my business studies. I came back home after the accident. As soon as I reached my house, I felt something wrong at my house. Most of my family members and the maid were looking tense about something. I tried to ask him why he was so tense but they never gave me proper answers.

Then one day, I heard a strange conversation from the living area. I went there and hid behind the couch and started listening to the conversation,"

FLASHBACK...

"Are you sure no one will suspect us?" A man murmured.

"I think so too, "A woman says in a profound voice.

"What do you mean by that? If the police come to know about us then we can go to jail!" a man says angrily and slams his hand on the glass table. This caused a crack in the glass.

"Oh my god! I don't want to be involved in this. Please save me. I have two children. If I go to jail then who will take care of them?' the maid says wrapping her arms around the man's leg.

BACK TO THE PRESENT TIME...

"What could they be hiding? Any guesses?" Joseph asked.

Louis replied nervously, "I have no idea, honestly. They kept me in the dark."

"Alright, then walk us through how the accident happened," Michael requested.

"Just before the accident, I was back home with my family. It might sound odd since I previously mentioned I was in France. But, I had to rush back for some important paperwork that my family couldn't locate. When I arrived, my mother seemed stressed. After some prodding, she finally let me in on the secret. A journalist was threatening to tarnish our family's name with fake stories and blackmail. She asked me to visit the journalist's home to retrieve some photos of our family. Following the accident, I returned home due to the truck collision involving our employee. Unfortunately, a family lost their lives in the crash, and their relatives sued our company, alleging our involvement,"

Louis explained, pausing briefly before continuing, "What shook me to the core was discovering that the family in the fatal accident was the journalist's kin, the very household where I had gone seeking those photos. It makes me wonder if my own family had a hand in that tragedy."

Joseph was writing everything on his notepad when Louis told him. After writing down all the information he gathered from Louis, he closes his notepad and glances at Michael. It seems as if he is giving her some hints. Michael was well aware of her signs. He replied by raising his eyebrows and gesturing to Joseph.

Then Michael looks at Louis and says, "Okay then is there anything else you want to say? Don't try to hide anything from us. We just want to help you."

Louis does his best to hide his nervousness. Then he again picks up the glass of orange juice and gulps down the orange juice. He looks at them and says, "No, I don't know any more than that. But I'm scared of serial killers. What if he kills me?"

We will do our best to protect you. Please do not open the door to anyone until we contact you and lock all doors and windows in your home. Michael says and gets up from the couch. He started walking towards the main gate with Joseph. Suddenly Louis calls his name from behind them.

They turn back to him. Louis walks over to them and says, "Can you give me your phone number?"

"Yes, definitely," Michael says.

Louis then walks back towards the couch and snatches his mobile phone from him. He comes back towards them. Michael takes the phone from his hand and starts tapping his phone number and then saves it. He also saves Joseph's number on it.

He gave the phone back to him and left his mansion and they both started walking towards the car. As soon as they got inside the car, Michael closed all the windows but then Suddenly Joseph's phone started ringing.

Joseph takes the phone out of his pocket swipes his finger across the screen to answer the call and puts it to his ear.

____________________________(⚔️⚔️⚔️)_______________________________

All the clocks are showing the current time as 8:45 PM. A dark silence pervades the entire mansion. There was no one in the mansion at that time. All the servants went to the servant's house next to the mansion.

Louis started climbing the stairs one by one. After walking a few steps, he reached his room. He turned the latch to open the door and then he went inside the room.

He moves towards the box which was kept on the bedside table. He grabs the box from the table and sits on the bed.

"No one can catch me because of all the evidence I left about her. They even went to catch her." As Louis said this, he started laughing hysterically.

He further said, "She could have harmed me a lot but due to her disorder she could not harm me. But she helped me a lot. Now I have to repay all her favours."

Then he puts the box back on the table and gets up from the bed. Suddenly he hears thunder in the clouds. He comes to the window and then he looks at the weather throughout the window pane.

It was the darkest and stormiest night, it rained as soon as the clouds burst. When it was inspected in between, strong gusts of wind cleared the roads. The raindrops tinkled on the roofs of the houses and disturbed the slow flames of the lamps, which were faltering in the face of the darkness.

He was so engrossed in watching the weather that he did not notice the time when suddenly a phone call interrupted his busyness. The phone was ringing from the lobby. Due to the deep silence in his mansion, the phone call echoes throughout the mansion and reaches his room.

He runs towards the lobby and picks up his mobile phone from the couch. Then brings his finger towards the mobile screen and swaps it to answer the call.

Louis: Hello! Michael what happened??
Micheal: "We got to know about something related to the case. We were going to share that information with you but due to bad weather, we can't able to come to your mansion now. So, we come to your mansion tomorrow. "
Louis: Michael, you could share the information over the call.
Micheal: No, I can't. It is a big thing. We will meet you tomorrow.
Louis: Okay, then bye.

Then Micheal hangs the phone call.

"What has he come to know about, now I will not be able to sleep the whole night!" He says to herself.

He sits down on the couch and grabs the TV remote by his side. Then he pointed the remote at the TV and clicked the "On" button.

To Be Continued...

What secret is Louis hiding from Micheal and Joseph? And
What does Michael want to tell Louis?

If you want to know about these then stay tuned for the update.

And if you like this chapter then don't forget to leave a vote on this chapter and share your amazing thoughts on this chapter with me in the comments.

Have a fantastic day ❤️