Can't be jealous...[27]

---------------ciara's pov----------

"did you just say i am beautiful"i asked, amused at his sudden confession.

"What...." He looked confused and horrified as the realisation dawn on him "no. I meant you are presentable, they ain't throwing you out the restaurant and that is good enough"

"You speak in long sentences with details only when you are panicked or manipulating, do you know that" i stated facts, to which his eyes bulge a little staring nakedly at me.

It's true though, Damian Asher is a fine businessmen, and all businessmen are sly and witty, that is what he is.

"Was that supposed to be a secret" i hush stepping forward exaggeratedly. i try my best to not laugh. As i looked straight into his eyes with a playful glint.

"Whatever you say 'Ms.smarty pants" he says stepping towards the building while he dramatically makes the finger quotes in air, wearing a little smile on his face.

His smile made something twitch inside me, its uncomfortable but the good kind, god his smile is proving to be a problem.

"I will take that, for one. I am right and 2.smart" i say shouting running towards him, men and their long strides.

We seat ourselves in the right corner of the dining hall right beside a huge window, it is pretty breezy tonight, i love it. The crescent moon was leaking through a huge mango tree in the lawn of the restaurant, i slowly started playing a few moments from earlier.

Why were you sulking was what he asked, what does he even mean why, those three damn words still burn in the back of my heart, "i hate you" but.... If I say I am glad he atleast noticed would that make me pathetic.

It probably does.

i was so lost in my own thoughts that i didn't pay attention to my surroundings including the tall and beautiful man. yes beautiful MAN.in front of me.

"Ciara" i flinched a little as warm fingers tapped my hand but as soon as I saw who it was i relaxed a little bit and looked at him "what do you feel like eating" he asks ever so softly as if he is talking to a baby, soft and soothing. I looked at him in both shock and amusement at his sudden change in behaviour.

"I-huh yea."
"For starters smoky bacon and bean soup.

I will get a baked salmon with dill sauce and a side of seasoned rice, please exempt the carrots if you can.

Mm a mississippi mud cake for dessert." I complete closing the menu in my palm and finally looking at the waiter "that's all" i say with a faint smile.

"I will be back with your food beautiful" he says beaming at me. And leaves the table with a nod on damian's side, i was full blown blushing at the sudden compliment but a tightened grip on my hand bought me back to senses, was his hand on mine all this time i wondered as i looked up at him.

The least i could say is i was lost in those eyes, they were staring right back at me with an intensity that i couldn't dare look away, his hand still stayed on mine and there was a tension in the air... Is he upset or mad?

He has mood swings worse than a pregnant lady i thought rolling my eyes internally, i cleared my throat in an attempt to tell him stop doing whatever he was doing and it worked as his gaze moved off of me but nonetheless the hand stayed on mine sending sparks through my arm.

"Your hand" i say wiggling mine a little. "Huh yeah" he says taking off his hand reluctantly, whats with him. Anyways i pulled the thought back into my mind as I saw the charmy waiter approach us, he looks like a anime character with brown eyes and raven hair.

A smile automatically creeps onto my face, i look at him as he sets all the dishes onto the table throwing a few glances at me here and there with a smile ofcourse. He has a vibe to him, undeniably attractive one at that.

" You go to Carnegie as well, right cutie?". A panick flashes on my face alarmed, how does he know?

I guess he sensed that " nothing creepy, i go there as well infact the same department as you, saw you at the orientation in the morning" he explains. "Oh" i say relaxing a bit, i didn't notice him as i was busy hearing Emiliano's speech.

"Yow were too dazzling to go unnoticed, by the way i am Aaron wu" he says extending his hand. I take it "Ciara Aaget"

"Oh honey i think you are not used to it yet, it's Ciara Asher now baby" i hear damian's voice deep and clear, as his eyes held a turmoiled emotion.

I just cringe at the statement in disbelief, what in the disgustingly sweet fudge is his problem, his eyes slowly turn towards mine and Aaron's hand which is still attached, making his eyes twitch, i slowly take my hand away.

Aaron looked like he was going to ask me something but was again abruptly cutoff by an irritated damian's signature cold voice "you must be busy seeing the hotel is packed"

He says while holding a knife in one and a fork in other hand on the either sides of the steak platter, "huh yea, i will be going then, enjoy the delicious meal and don't forget to ring me baby doll" he says winking at me while his hand points the neatly wrapped tissue with his number on it, i wink back tucking the tissue into my purse and chuckling at the same time.

"Till tomorrow bellissimo" he gives me a flying kiss taking off from our counter as i sit there blushing overstimulated by all the compliments, i mean dude was speaking Italian who wouldn't be impressed.

The dinner was silent, i am not sure what his problem is, he can't be jealous or bothered.... He has a girlfriend, a Barbie at that so definitely not jealous.

Then what is it?

The whole ride back home was filled with silence and something else, i have no idea what's up with him, he emptied the trunk and helped me getting the groceries into the house though, the irritation on his face however didn't go unnoticed.

I did not think much of it and went to sleep, sleep took over me in a glimpse thanks to the exhausting first day of my College.

AUTHOR'S POV:
hey guys hope you all are doing well......☺️

I know the updates are so slow and all over the place, but please do know that i am a final year graduate and i have a LOT on my plate right now.

However i will try my best to keep you guys entertained, love y'all 💜