35.

Juliet's POV

I found where Danes is.

The police weren't doing their job so I decided to take matters in my own hands because I cannot see Gemma like that anymore.

It hurts seeing her like that so I really had to do everything I could to get her out of that state.

Starting with getting her justice.

It took me a few days to find him which means the fucking police aren't even trying.

I dropped Gemma off at Jennifer's place and decided to go visit Danes. He was at cheap motel, an hour and a half from where I live. I'm not sure if he's there but I have a very good feeling that he is.

I parked my car and got out of it, letting out a breathe out of nervousness. It's scary to come to this part of the city at night.

But I'm doing this for Gemma.

I went closer to the motel and my eyes landed on a tall guy who was unlocking his door. I think he felt me staring so he turned his head to look at me and his eyes slightly widened.

Even though I can't see him clearly, I know that's motherfucking Danes.

He dropped the bag in his hand and ran towards the street, running away from me but I was quick to follow behind him.

I wanted to take my car but he got in between houses so I just ran behind him.

He jumped over a trash then over the fence, pushing the trash so it can fall and I won't be able to use it to follow him so I ran to the right, trying to find another way which I did. I saw him running but he was far away, I didn't care though. I ran as fast as I could, keeping Gemma in my mind and the sad look she had on her face for the past few week.

The dumbass tripped but got up quickly, not quick enough though.

I held the back of his shirt and slammed his front against the wall of the house beside us. I let go of him, watching him fall to the ground as he groaned from the pain he's feeling because of his now, broken nose.

I straddled his stomach and punched him a few times. The urge to kill him is insane but I have to calm down a little, I want him to rot in jail.

He coughed as blood came out of his mouth when I stopped hitting him. He laughed "you can't do shit-" I cut him off "I know you paid off the detectives on the case, I'm not stupid. You were so easy to find so I'm pretty sure they could've done that but what you didn't think of, is that I am stupidly rich, my dad is stupidly rich, my whole fucking family is stupidly fucking rich"

He swallowed nervously "you're gonna rot in there. I'll make sure of it"

———

"It's very late at night" the detective said looking at his watch "don't worry. This is worth it" I said unlocking the door to Danes' motel room and letting the detective step in just to see Danes bleeding with him tied to a chair and a piece of clothing in his mouth so i don't hear his annoying voice.

"This- this isn't legal-" the detective said as I slammed the door shut after I stepped in "let's make this quick. You turn him in even though he paid you to not do anything but I'll give you a better deal"

He stayed quiet "how much did he give you?" I asked him. I waited for him to answer the question but he seemed a bit hesitant "five grand" he answered after a bit.

"I'll pay you fifty grand" I spoke and his eyes lit up as Danes started groaning and trying to complain "if you make sure he doesn't spend less than 10 years in prison" he didn't say anything for a bit then nodded his head "I'll make sure of that"

"You'll get your payment after his sentence comes out. If he tries to give you more money, I promise that I'll give you double" he nodded his head at what I said and I placed my hand on his shoulder "also, let's just say he was in a fight with a few guys" I added and he nodded understandingly "good. Do this as fast as you can"

———

"You don't usually have tantrums where you punch things"

That's the best explanation I could come up with. I didn't want to give her high hopes until he's officially in jail for what he did.

"Yeah I don't know what I was thinking" I said quietly as I kept looking at her face while she was cleaning up my knuckles as I sat on the counter of the sink.

Gemma is so insanely beautiful.

We've been together for so long and I still get shocked every time I look closely at her beautiful face. I can look at her forever.

"You're so beautiful" I complimented after a bit of silence making her blush. She looked up at me and put some hair behind her ear nervously "thank you"

She wrapped a soft wrapped around my knuckles then I held her chin, making her look up at me "I promise you'll get your justice"

A smile formed on her lips even though it was obvious she didn't completely believe me but she will get her justice, one way or another.

All she wants is to feel safe, right?

So if he doesn't end up rotting in jail, I'll kill him with my own hands and I am not even close to kidding.

I will literally kill just to see her smile again.