A new suit and some thoughts

It was two days later when Ironman approached him on patrol again. Peter had been eating a churro on a roof when he heard the thrusters approach before metal boots made a loud clunk on the roof. He quickly swallowed the last bite of his churro before yanking his mask back down under his chin and standing up to face the red and gold suit with its faceplate up.

"Uh, h-hey mr. Stark. Whats up?" Peter stuttered out, not having expected Tony's visit. "The sky. I finished your suit, so follow me to the tower and we'll test it out." The man explained with an amused smirk on his face. "Right now? Okay, yeah, yeah, sure- Cool, cool." Peter spluttered, glancing down at his webshooters to make sure his webs wouldn't run out before following Tony, who had already taken off into the sky, faceplate down again.

The trip was fun; swinging after Ironman was a challenge but Peter managed, he even did a few flips. They arrived at the tower in no time, Tony landing on the landing pad first and Peter following soon after, his feet landing soundlessly unlike Tony's suit, which was already disengaging off the billionaire's body. 

Peter followed, eyes wide as he looked around the penthouse. "Alright, go change, lets see how it fits." Tony said, suddenly holding a red and blue piece of fabric in his hands, holding it out to Peter, who grabbed it excitedly with a "Thanks mr. Stark!" before going to change. He had to pretend he didn't already know where the bathroom was, or it would have been suspicious.

When he looked in the mirror, his eyes widened. He looked like a professional hero: the suit hugged his body tightly and showed his lean, muscly frame, the fabric was sleek, the spider logo actually looked like a spider, the webshooters were advanced and shot smoothly and the colors of the suit were bright and happy, just like how Peter wanted to portray Spiderman. It was amazing.

He ran out of the bathroom with a huge grin on his face, which Tony couldn't see, but the man could sense Peter's happiness. "Looks great, spiderling. It fits alright, I assume?" Tony asked, a small smile tugging at his lips as Spiderman nodded quickly. "Its amazing, mr. Stark! The lenses are so much better than my old ones and the webshooters run so smoothly and the colors are really cool and-" Spiderman kept on rambling about all the features Tony already knew about,- He'd made the suit, after all- and an odd feeling spread through his chest. 

Seeing this random kid he didn't even know so happy with something Tony made, it made his chest ache with warmth and.. grief. Grief because he could have had this for years: a boy looking at him with trust and love. Tony would have never thought he would regret ruining his bond with his son so much, but here he was; feeling sad because this random kid was happy because of Tony and his son wasn't.

He shook the thoughts off; if he couldn't make Peter happy, he'd make Spiderman happy. He didn't fully trust the vigilante yet, but the kid seemed so innocent that Tony didn't really think twice before talking.

"What do you say we test it out on the streets?" Tony asked, interrupting Spiderman's ramble.

Spiderman was shocked into silence, the mechanical lenses widening comically, so naturally, Tony took it as a yes.

When Tony got back to the tower 2 hours later, after fighting petty crimes with the spiderling, he decided that he didn't regret making that suit. The kid was about as good as a person could be.

He vaguely wondered what Peter was like. When they met, the kid seemed shy and insecure, but stubborn. He wondered if the kid would forgive him. Speaking of Peter; he'd be in the labs again tomorrow, maybe Tony would come and pay him a visit. Just watch how the kid worked. 

Tony decided he'd think about it later before heading off to get dinner before Pepper would come back from her meeting.

---

Peter knew someone was watching him. The slight buzz in his neck told him so. He also knew who that someone was. His father. Apparently, Peter hadn't been able to avoid the man as good as he thought he had. He didn't really know why Tony was watching him, the man hadn't told him to leave or anything, so what was going on in his father's genius mind? Peter was clueless.

Did Tony want Peter back? Did Tony know he was Spiderman? Was Tony contemplating sending him away? Peter had no idea. He wasn't sure if he wanted Tony to approach or not. Sure, wanted his father to like him, he wanted to have a good relationship with him, but was that possible? Peter wasn't sure if he had really forgiven the man yet, but maybe if Tony could explain, Peter was be happy to talk to him again.

But did Tony even want that?

Peter sighed before trying to shake off the buzz and getting back to work on his prototype. The buzz continued for 10 minutes before Peter could finally relax. Tony had left without saying a word to him, and Peter was curious as to why that had been. The man could be scared to approach, their last conversation hadn't gone too well, or maybe he was just deciding if he should send Peter back to Michigan.

Peter got shaken out of his thoughts by Damian asking him a question and decided to just forget about his father for a while.

---

Ugh I love the prompt this story has but I'm sooooooooooo lazy and I'm not writing any new chapters :(