War

Bodies were dropping like flies, yet there was no time to mourn the loss of comrades.

This was war.

War was ruthless, you could either survive or die.

One might say war was a form of punishment.

Whiles others might bask in the waves of enemies, overjoyed with all the thrill.

Clang! Clang!

Two were exchanging powerful blows right in the centre.

Sparks could be seen if you paid attention.

But then a piercing scream could be heard across the whole battlefield, yet no one paid them any mind, once again, this was war, somebody could have just been overdramatic.

Besides, there was bound to be crying and screaming.

However, the scream came again, they were forced to stop, everybody had to stop.

Their weapons were turning to dust, disintegrating if you will.

"W-what!? My sword!"

"Gasp!"

Many eyes widened at the sight.

Mana in the area became unstable.

"No...! You... what did you do!?"

The blame was being tossed around.

"Hah!"

Many were wondering who could be this powerful, but then the scream came again, drawing everybody's attention to the said person.

However, the person in question was on their knees, gasping.

There was a hole through their chest, more specifically, their heart.

But what caught the attention of many was how the wound was closing up.

Blood, the same shade as their hair coated their entire being.

The sky began to grow dimmer before it was painted red, it was as if the sky was bleeding.

This occurrence wasn't created with magic, the mages couldn't feel an ounce of mana within it.

A roar came from the sky as numerous rose gold thunderbolts struck the ground; continuous deafening thunder resonated throughout the currently muted land.

It was as if the sky was cackling.

However the thunderbolts never hit anybody, like it was just for display.

But everybody had to draw their attention back to the kneeling man.

... They were cackling, just like the sky.

"Haha...Hah...haHaHAHA!"

Some might say this person was going crazy.

His bloodstained hands covered his face, enforcing the thought of a newly found psychopath. 

They were just stabbed in the heart and now they were laughing.

Except, the person who was previously kneeling, Cale Henituse, was getting up.

"Aaah... Well isn't this lovely?~"

Cale clasped his hands together and began to grin, eyes forming crescents.

He had felt an extraordinary amount of pain when he was pierced through his heart but now he was acting like it never happened.

As if there was a flick of a switch in Cale's head.