• Us, parents, life •

Question of the day -

Everyone says our parents want the best for us, then why do they force their choices on us at times not realizing we aren't happy?

First of all, let me make it very clear that I am not going to say things you have heard very often. I won't say you are in the complete right for thinking this way, but feeling this way? Yes, I can totally understand it, many of us feel this way.

But neither will I say your parents are in the right always. No, we are both humans and we can both be wrong, we can have false notions, we aren't these perfect beings to know it all.

And in all honestly, we have our egos hindering our progress, telling us it isn't worth and we aren't wrong and anyone who disagrees with us is in the wrong. Our parents do not want bad things to happen to us. Well, I know there are exceptions, there always have been. But not all parents are in the wrong.

Yes, a lot of times we want different things than them and we both end up feeling like we are not being understood and I am not going to say do whatever they want you to but do not let this resentment build within. It harms no one other than you. Our parents might feel we would benefit from something but that isn't the truth always but we need to know our parents carry with them what they've been taught.
It is hard for them to understand and connect to our point of views, our ideas and fantasies and yes, I agree they should be more open than restricting and yes, they are in the wrong here. But are they in the wrong for wanting the best for us? No, they want the best for us and sometimes, what they might think is the best is actually not and we need to side with ourselves on this one. We need to understand that our dreams are bigger than it all and once we achieve our dreams, the world would know, our parents would understand.

Yes, even today, we see parents who understand their kids and we feel bad, almost jealous but also happy that their parents who try to stand with their kids. But we all have our moments of happiness and sadness. And yes, as much as it would be amazing to hear your parents say that they are proud of you for pursuing your dreams, it is also amazing to go onto follow your dreams, venturing and learning through your own experiences. I realise a lot of us just crave for acceptance and being loved unconditionally but to reach there we need to love and accept ourselves first.

No, like think of it. Would you ever buy a product that is being marketed with doubt, where the ones promoting it aren't sure themselves. Of course not. Now, I am not saying you are a product meant to be sold but this was just an analogy. We need to know that we will make mistakes and when we do, we need to make sure we aren't very hard on ourselves. We aren't judging ourselves way too hard for not getting where we expected ourselves to be within the time limit. Because as much as our deadlines are created by us they're influenced and controlled by several other factors. And when we fail it is very okay to think that we made a mistake following our dreams, that we should've probably listened to our parents but this when your dedication and trust comes in. As long as you're doing the right thing and not harming anyone God will help you.

So, no parents with some exceptions of course don't like seeing their kids in trouble. They want us to be safe and secure. They don't want us or our future to be uncertain or dripping with fear. And hence, they force what they think is right on us at times. That doesn't make their decisions right but it makes them a parent.

Writer's note -

Hey everyone.
I hope you're all doing good.

And readers you need to help me continue this project. I want your questions - things you have been dealing with, things you wonder about, emotional things and all that.
I want this place to be therapeutic (I am not a professional by any means but I like to think of a friend who can be your unpaid therapist lol) because I know people have so much to say but they don't know where to say and how to express themselves.
So please use the comment section to leave your questions or your thoughts.
And if you want your identity to stay a secret them write to me personally either here or on my social handles which are

• instagram -

• email id - lifieeeelove@gmail.com

And I assure you that I will not reveal your identity unless you want me to.

Thank you very much for reading it till here.
Sending lots of love and best wishes to y'all.
Please take care of yourself.
Show yourself care.

- lifieee.