meeting

•••

After taking a moment to steady my breathing, i pick up my phone and keys out of the cup holder and start to get out of the small car. I look up at the building in front of me. It was massive for a training centre, i had only briefly been for when i signed my contract, but all i had seen was the main corridor and the meeting room, so i was excited to possibly see more.

I headed up the stone path towards the glass doors, pretending to be confident, but inside i was quite nervous. In and out. That's all it was. Quickly picking the kit up, then getting back to sort out the mess i had made in my hotel room.
I quickly looked down at my phone to check the time: 13:03. Perfect. Not late, not early, not exactly on time. By time i looked up from my phone, the automatic doors had opened in front of me, forcing me to walk into the almost recognisable front reception.

Quickly slipping my keys and phone into my shorts pockets, i approach the middle-aged blonde lady sitting at the desk. She slowly looked up from her computer as i stood in front of the tall desk, our eyes locking as she gave me a wide smile. I recognised her straight away, she was the women who had shown me the way to the meeting room when i first got here to sign my contract.
"Nice to see you back" she cheerily said, turning her body away from her computer.
"It's great to be back, i'm super excited" Everything i said was true, i couldn't wait to start training with the team.
"Okay so..." The smiling receptionist turned her body back to her computer mid-sentence as she started typing, "kit collection?"
I nodded back at her as i twisted the rings on my fingers.
"Okay! The girls are actually training right now, so i think Jonas has quickly nipped out to come and see you, i'll take you to his office now." she explained with a cheery smile.
"Alright!" i smiled back at her. I hadn't even thought that the girls could of been training, even though i knew the training days. It had completely slipped my mind, but all i had to do was quickly run over some stuff with Jonas, so i shouldn't bump into them anyways.

The women swiftly stood up from her desk and started to walk around towards me. Once she overtook me, i started following behind her, matching her pace.
After walking down a long corridor, we were eventually standing outside of a dark brown door. The receptionist quickly knocked, and stood waiting for a response. Not long after, the handle of the door moved and the door pushed open, in front of me was Jonas himself, with a wide smile on his face. After a quick embrace, he welcomed me into his office as he shut the door behind. I sat down on the black seat as he started to walk over to a shelf.
"It's great to see you, how have you been?" he said as he started lifting thing off a shelf, i'm guessing he was trying to reach the bags my new kit would be in.
"I'm great, really excited! I can't wait to start training next week." i said through a massive grin. Eventually, he pulled out a few different bags, one being a massive Arsenal-branded duffle bag.
Thinking about it, i hadn't really seen the Arsenal kits for this season, so i was quite excited to try it all on.
"I wanted to give these to you myself. I'm glad you're excited, the girls can't wait to meet you - they're glad they get to play with you and not against you now" we both let out a soft chuckle as he placed the bags on the desk.
"Actually," he said, looking up at me, "How would you like to meet them now? So it's not a shock when you start training"
I hadn't expected it, not even thought about it.
Of course i was excited to meet them, but i had definitely not expected for it to be today. I looked down at my shorts and hoodie. I'm not quite sure this was presentable attire to meet my teammates in - i was meant to make a good impression, what if they thought i was lazy or not put together or something.
Realising i hadn't spoke for a while, I shook the shocked look off my face and started to smile.
"I mean, why not, i'm definitely not dressed for the occasion but they will have to meet me at some point"
Jonas looked happy with my answer, which gave me a slight boost in confidence.
"How about we drop your stuff off in the locker room on the way there, so they can properly meet you after training" he suggested. I started to stand up from my seat and pick up the multiple bags from the desk.
"Sounds good" i said with an insecure smile.

•••

Authors Note
don't really have a clue what i'm doing 😟 whoopsie