promise me that you'll start where I end

Frozen
---------------
To become suddenly motionless or paralyzed with fear or shock.

...

So that's what Charlie felt.

Not exactly horrified, but not yet hysterical.

Just frozen.

Frozen is what he felt when he tore his eyes from his monitor and heard the alarms.

It's what he endured when he saw the "Employee" tying chains around the nearest exit.

The feeling that kept his body in place, staring at the mall in front of him before Ranboo had grabbed his hand and led him away.

It's the only thing he could feel when he saw the dead "Employee," propped up against the other side of the directory.

Frozen.

It was the thing that kept him from pulling his eyes from Sneeg's mangled corpse.

It's what he was when he saw his best friend stab an "Employee," as he watched the wires flood out of the gash in it's abdomen.

It's what he experienced when he realized his whole life, his whole damn childhood was nothing but a lie.

It's what he felt as he stared at his Cabin, no, The Set, as he held a hand over his mouth.

Frozen,

In disbelief.

Frozen,

In shock.

Frozen,

In pain.

As he heard the low guttural screams of the wired monster named, Security, he couldn't feel anything else but frozen.

It quickly limped it's way over to Charlie, and he could simply feel nothing but frozen.

He felt helpless as he tried to move his legs, but to no avail as they uselessly brushed against the flooring. He held his hand out, yelling things to this beast that stalked towards him.

His feet, feeling full of lead, barely moved him away from it, as it quickly caught up to him.

It attacked him, scratching, digging, tearing into his skin.

He screamed out in pain, finally making a noise that might be heard, that might be noticed.

He looked over at his best friend, standing there, watching him get mauled.

How could they do this?

Why aren't they helping?

Why is he just standing there?

He locked eyes with him, finally realizing what was happening.

He was frozen.

Just as Charlie had been, thousands of times before his soon-to-be demise. He reached a hand out, pointing to a fading, flashing red light behind his best friend,

No.

His brother.

Who needed to escape.

Who needed to press that damn button.

Who needed to fucking move.

"Ranboo, the button."

He pointed, light fading from his vision, blood spilling into his view, footsteps coming into earshot.

Ranboo just needed to escape, that's all Charlie wanted. In that moment he didn't know if he'd even make it out himself, he didn't even care.

He just needed Ranboo to run.