Chapter 5: Aftermath

(Phoenix speaking)

I opened my eyes to find myself staring at a white ceiling. However, this ceiling was different from the one in the white room, although there were similarities. Surprisingly, I didn't feel any pain. I was certain I had broken at least two ribs and my left shoulder, but I could freely move my left arm and breathe deeply without any discomfort. It was as if I had fully healed while I was unconscious. Looking around, I saw Raphael standing by, patiently waiting for me to wake. He glanced at me and said, "Congratulations on your victory, master."

I inquired, "How did I perform?"

Raphael replied, "Terribly, just as you desired."

I asked, "Please elaborate."

"For the viewers, your ability is invisibility, allowing you to make yourself and other objects invisible for short durations. The activation of your power likely exposed its weaknesses, the shield, lance, gloves, and guns are weapons generated by the white rooms. It is the most plausible explanation," Raphael explained.

I contemplated his words and expressed my concern, "Do you believe that will be enough to deceive the Noivers?"

"Most likely," he replied.

"You underestimate the Noivers' intelligence," I warned. "The white room only produces conventional weapons, and to wield magical weapons, one must possess knowledge of their creation."

"Humans are known for their weaponry that challenges the dwarfs' craftsmanship" Raphael argued.

"Hopefully, they will take the bait. What about my strategy and performance?" I inquired further.

"If I were unaware of your true capabilities, I would say you were a terrible fighter. Initiating your power at the start of the battle, struggling against a Viking with a weak ability, and even the strategy you devised could be executed by an average person given three days in the black room," Raphael critiqued.

"Very well," I acknowledged. "How long have I been asleep?"

"Only 30 minutes, sir," Raphael informed me.

"What? How is that possible? I emerged from the gate completely battered. How could I be fully healed in less than 30 minutes?" I questioned in disbelief.

Raphael explained, "Our doctors here are the best of the best. With their advanced skills, technology, and magic, they can heal any injuries and cure every disease as long as the person is alive. Thanks to their expertise, your injuries were merely a matter of five minutes."

Understanding the situation, I remarked, "I see. This means that every fighter will be ready for training and strategizing immediately after their victory prepared for the next battle. I understand now."

"When will the fight against the Noivers take place?" I asked Raphael.

"Tomorrow, sir," he replied.

"I must be prepared to face them soon," I stated with determination.

"Why do you assume the Noivers will triumph over the Ogres?" Raphael questioned my assumption.

"The Ogres don't stand a chance against the Noivers. In terms of sheer power, the Ogres would overpower the Noivers. However, this tournament is a test of intelligence, adaptability, and power. The powers we have been granted are designed to level the playing field. The three days of preparation were meant to help us adapt to our powers, allowing us to develop strategies and master our newly acquired abilities. Considering these factors, the tournament is a battle among the Dragons, the Demons, the Noivers, and the Cybers. The other races won't stand a chance against the Noivers' intelligence, the Demons' strength, and the Dragons' power. They won't be able to match the Cybers' mastery either" I explained.