Chapter 1

Author's Note: Hello, Fans! Welcome to my new book; I hope you guys enjoy this one as much as you enjoyed my previous one....I hope you love, comment and vote!

Enjoy! :)

JASMINE:

"Let's toast to this amazing accomplishment to Ken who is now our new sport's executive for eSports."

The clatter of the glasses and the sound of everyone clapping started to fill the room. I, especially couldn't hold myself for screaming and clapping a little too fiercely for everyone's taste. I was just so happy that Ken, my wonderful boyfriend for 5 years, was even receiving this recognition after 6 years of hard work. But, now that hard work was paying off because he was now considered the new executive for eSports, a television focusing on the latest athletes and sport's group.

I still couldn't believe that I was here, in the Garrington Recognition Apollo, where all the biggest stars of the year had been specialized in the past. I never knew that Ken would come this far to receive this special award; but, I guess I had it coming. Ken so wanted to be the head executive for this sports franchise, and now here he was being recognized for his tedious work.

"Congratulations to you, Ken!" Mr. DuBois, the head COO of the company shouted.

Ken nodded a head towards him and gave us a big cheesy smile. Seeing him so happy, so ecstatic that his dream was finally coming true, made me want cry. I loved this side of him; the side when he never stopped smiling, the side where he thanked people with genuine kindness and affection. Ken wasn't just a man anymore, he was the man, and I was happy to call him my man.

"I am so happy for you, Kenny! You really deserved this award!"

The big smile that had been planted on my face for the longest immediately died. As soon as I heard Toni Smith call him Kenny, anger instantly took over me. No one ever called him Kenny except his family---he wouldn't even let me call him that name, so why was she just shouting it out like it was nothing?

Toni was Ken's assistant buyer at the franchise. Her job was to book any online sells and provide any information about the athletes of each sport. She was very good at what she did, and was well paid. But, what irked me to the fullest was the fact that she had to be an assistant to Ken. I know I might've sounded jealous, but I couldn't help it. She was gorgeous, independent, and.....gorgeous. Her eyes were a bright shade of brown, her skin complexion was a milky tea honey color, and her body was flawless. Toni had everything a woman would kill for and a man would die for.

That was why I had been kind of iffy when Ken told me that Toni Smith----the beautiful and gorgeous Toni Smith was going to be his head assistant. Which meant alot of communication between the two, and her following him around wherever he went. It wasn't the fact that I didn't trust him---which I absolutely did,-----even though he had cheated on me in the past----it was her I didn't trust. But, I had to keep in kind that this was only business and that he loved me too much to even think about hurting me like that.

We had been devoted to each other for 5 years, and the fact that he had been unfaithful to me hurt, but that was in the past. We were in the present and was working on our future.

I looked up at Ken to see if he would have any reactions to what she had just said, but unfortunately, he just winked at her. That kind of hurt my feelings because if that was me, he would've given me hell about it. I was his girlfriend and I should've been allowed to call him that, and if I wasn't, then no other woman was supposed to either; especially if she was cute as hell.