never meant to be. taesan

Plot: Y/n and Taesan are ex lovers but they both accidentally meet each other after 9 years at in a park with their family.

wordscount: 1.2k.

third person pov.

Some stories main lead are never meant to be together. Just like y/n and taesan. They were both best friends form birth, but when they were in high school they both fell for each other. On their graduation day Y/n confessed her feelings for him, he accepted her happily. They both dated till the second year of university. The reason of break up it was because taesan thought he wasn't good enough of her. They had heated argument that day, y/n eventually gave up comforting him when he didn't listen to him. After that she never talked to him,  they bumped into each other in hallway but they acted like they never knew each other. Till this day y/n thinks they were never meant to be together.

Y/n smiled at her husband and walked towards him seeing his tie, which wasn't tied properly. He has just got back form work but came to park since their daughter was insisting on going there. Her eyebrows crashed in concentration as she removes it. Her husband caress her cheeks as their daughter comes running into their room holding a plusie as a girl shyly follows her from behind.

"Eomma meet my new friend!" her daughter exclaims at her mom raising her hand to gain her moms attention. Y/n looks at her and smiles overwhelmed with her daughter's cuteness. Her husband nods and holding his daughter's hand. Her new friend shyly greets to, which the couple couldn't help but smile.

"whom did you come with?" Y/n asks handing her a candy, which the little girl quickly grabs.

"I came with my appa and eomma." she quietly says munching on the candy. Y/n giggles at the sight infront of her and looks back at her husband. He seemed to be staring at her. She crashes her eyebrows in confusion as the little girls play with each other. 

"dahye-ah where are you?" a woman shouts followed by a man from behind.  Y/n turns her head back to the source of voice. The little girls walk over to the couple. The woman, who just shouted walks over to y/n's daughter's friend.
Y/n's walks over to the couple being followed by her husband and daughter.

"are you dahye's mom?" y/n asks the woman. The woman smiles back at her and nods. Y/n's glance fells on the man, who was standing behind the woman with shocked face. Her face falls down as she sees him. It was Taesan, her ex lover and best friend.

"Taesan." she says with no hesitation as the woman turns her head back at taesan with baffled face. The woman furrows her eyebrows at taesan, questioning him over do you both know each other.

"We were best friends." y/n says feeling the awkward atmosphere. The woman turns her head back at her husband and flashes her smile. Her husband strokes her back seeing his wife down.

"Y/n you got married then?" taesan asks y/n as she nods looking down at her feet.

"You didn't invited me like you promised." he continues, sulking as his wife and her husband chuckles at his actions. How could he act to happy when seeing her?, when all she remembers is their heart breaking break up. She let him go because he asked for it. And maybe they were never meant to be together. Y/n awkwardly scratches her nape. Her daughters drags her hand, to gain her attention. Y/n looks at her daughter with a baffled look.

"Water." her daughter says, y/n rushes towards her bag and sees the waterbottle empty. She smiles finding a way to escape this unexpected  reunion.

"I'll go get water bottle for heeyoung." she says smiling as her husband, as he  hands her his card from his wallet. Giving her husband a smile she skips through the park to the near by store.
She grabs a bottle of water and a pack of gummy bears for her daughter, paying the cashier she walks out of the store. She sits on the bench near the store to avoid meeting taesan. She looks down at her feet. She felt ashamed  because she couldn't face him even after 9 years. How could she look at him straight, when all she remembers is her relationship with him?  She should have remembered the moments when they were best friends. She gets up from her seat, suddenly getting a boost of confidence to face taesan.

"sit down I am here." taesan says walking toward her as her face turns down again since she got caught. He sits on the beach she sat on.

"your daughter she is cute." taesan says, chuckling to himself. Y/n sits beside him feeling about awkward.

"I know. She is just like her dad." y/n replies, mumbling her last words as she suddenly reminisces the day, she promised taesan he'll be her husband. She had promised that thing to alot of her ex's but it felt different with taesan. The atmosphere becomes awkward as non of them speaks.

"Taesan-ah why did you followes me here?" She asks looking up at him. Taesan parts his lips but no words escape. Y/n still looked the same. Honey like skin, brown eyes and the same reddish lips he kissed everyday when they were together. He suddenly missed having her in his arms, staring at her when she is concentrating on her work, giving her a goodnight kiss.

"Y/n-ya don't you miss me." He asks avoiding her question, her face fella down because of the unexpected question. She avoids his gaze and looks away.

"What are you talking about?" She says avoiding his gaze and stands up.

"I'll get going my daughter is waiting for me." She says walking away but taesan helds her hand.

"Y/n I miss us." He confesses as she looks at him in disbelief. Wasn't he the one who left her? Wasn't he? Then who is he to say that? He has to right to say that.

"How can you say that so easily!?" She yells at him disbelief as taesan looks down at his feet. She was indeed right. He has no right to held her hand. He has no right says something like that, when they are no longer together. He has no right to make her stay. She releases he hand out of his grip. She walks to the park with a heavy heart.

"Can we get going?" Y/n asks her husband as soon as she arrives at the park. Her husband confusingly nods as their daughter groans hearing her. The little family bids a goodbye to dahye and her mom while they wait for taesan. Y/n takes her bag and walks over to their car being followed by her husband and daughter. She sees taesan walking inside the park. It seemed like he is miss her when he looked at her. She sits inside the car as her husband asks her "what's wrong?"

She looks at her husband with brittle smile and shooks her head. She felt like traitor just by talking and thinking about taesan. How could she talk to taesan when she has him? That's what she thought.

Maybe she did miss him. Maybe she did miss them. But that maybe had it's consequences, which she hated. Or maybe like she thinks they were just never meant to be.