Adventure in Action - PrehistoricCreatures | @WyvernLynch

Back From the Dead By WyvernLynch

There was no shortage of unusual missions for Khumo lately, it seemed. A day ago he had found himself on an unknown island, where he discovered dinosaur fossils that were already unearthed. It was clear that someone had found the fossil before him and Khumo soon learned that part of the fossil was in the hands of an infamous geneticist and a former Crescere worker; Raymond Morray. Crescere worried that the man could bring the fossil — a triceratops — back to life. 

Khumo has his doubts about such a possibility, but he was a genetically modified human in his own right. So, it was not impossible.

A few weeks later, Khumo located Raymond in some warehouse outside of England and he was in the area soon. There was no security outside, which made Khumo assume that he was alone. There was one thought that had crossed his mind on his way to the warehouse, and that was the potential that the man in question had to possibly fix him. If he could truly bring a fossil with barely any genetic material back to life, was it possible that he had the precision to make him a true human?

"Well, let's get to work." He muttered as he walked towards the large warehouse doors that did not seem to be locked. Khumo raised an eyebrow, a bit confused at the sight. He pulled the doors apart to enter the warehouse with barely any proper lights. Khumo could still see excellently, but the slight cover of the dark was still quite significant. There were a plethora of metal crates that surrounded him as he walked through, and he eventually chose to climb atop one of them to get a better vantage point.

From the crate, Khumo could see most of the light in the area concentrated in one area. Perhaps that was where Raymond was working and was a bit far, given how spacious the warehouse was. "There's literally no security, how safe does this man think he is?" Khumo asked himself in a slight whisper as he began to jump from crate to crate in order to cover the distance between him and the brightest part of the warehouse. In a matter of minutes, Khumo landed under the bright lights and he looked around the spacious area and was shocked at the sight of the metal tank to his left.

"You finally made it, I made sure to leave the door open for you." Khumo heard Raymond's voice echo in the area as he looked around for him. The man popped out from behind another large cylindrical structure. He had a stoic expression, but a jovial tone. The realization quickly hit Khumo, Raymond had expected his arrival, but the question was why. "So you knew I was coming after you, then you should know what comes next." He said as he grabbed his gun from its holster, but Raymond did not seem threatened.

"You're ready for a fight huh? That's good, I think I've got the perfect opponent for you." Raymond said as he tapped his watch before walking away. "Hey, come back here!" Khumo yelled as he prepared to shoot, but right then, the walls of the tank beside him came down to reveal a live triceratops. Khumo stared at the beast before him in shock, while it was not as large as it could've been, it was still about as large as an elephant.

His moment of shock would cost him, however. The triceratops attacked and one of its horns pierced through Khumo's torso as it tackled him into a metal crate. He coughed up a river of blood from his mouth, but quickly kicked at the dinosaurs left eye with all the force he could muster until it began to flail around in pain, launching Khumo onto another crate in the process. His wound began to heal while he watched the triceratops begin to recover from his miniscule attack. "Okay, let's try this again..." Khumo said as he stood up, feeling much better as the hole in his torso closed up. He knew that he had to use his abilities in order to defeat this behemoth. While the amount of times he had used them recently did not sit well with him, he was forced to. The triceratops soon recovered and located Khumo, charging towards the crate he stood on. Khumo jumped up as the crate was destroyed and landed on the triceratops' back, where he planted a few explosives before he disappeared as they soon went off. They sent a splash of flesh and blood into the air, but the wound still could not keep the dinosaur down. However, it did significantly weaken it. Khumo landed soon enough and charged at the triceratops as an extra pair of arms sprouted from his torso. The lower pair carried a few explosives as Khumo reached the triceratops, hammering it with a few punches that had the animal stumbling around.

He took this as the chance to lay the weapons on its face before striking the triceratops with a kick that didn't send it to the floor, but added to the pain. The explosives went off as well, sending blood spraying across the room. The almost headless triceratops finally collapsed but Khumo did not wait to see it and was already in pursuit of Raymond.

Raymond was a bit farther away, but not too far from the battlefield. He prepared to properly escape when he heard silence until he felt a gun at the back of his head. "Tetra, l-let's talk about this, think of all the things that I could do for a specimen like you, I could turn you into a mons—" Right then, Khumo pulled the trigger, growing annoyed at the thought of amplifying what he already feared. "Nope."

He did not want to be more of a monster, he merely yearned to be human.