00 || Winter's night

Hello! How are you all doing? Yes, I am starting a new story (Shocking lmao) but with season three of demon slayer, a lot of my thoughts are about the demon slayer and an Oc story I thought of, to be honest. I am not really sure how well I'll do with this one but I will try my best to make this an interesting and fun read. On top of the ocs and their plotlines, season 3 also made me think of an Au where Muichiro's twin survives, I mean come on... Yuichiro deserved better... and so does Muichiro... Well anyway, since I already have too many stories right now, I will blend the two story ideas so the chapters will probably switch perspectives often, at least in the beginning. The story will probably focus a lot on family aspects too. This prologue will not be more than 1,000 which is different from what I usually do but don't worry next chapter will be long and less Vague, hope you enjoy reading this! 

-------------------------------------

On that quiet night, the snowflakes fell softly from the sky, covering everything in a white blanket of snow. The wind howled past the trees, their branches rustling violently in the gale. Snowflakes drifted down gently, gathering on the ground, piling up until it formed a soft mass which was then slowly pushed away by the wind. The moon glowed through the gaps between the clouds, casting a pale light onto the snow-covered ground, it sparkled beautifully, creating an illusion of peace and tranquility as the specks of snow swirled around.

Yet... it was only that, a mere illusion.

There was nothing beautiful about the darkness of night in winter. It was filled with pain and misery.

And whenever her happiness was destroyed, there was always snow...

The sound of sobbing broke the peaceful, calm atmosphere. It sounded muffled but clear like someone was crying out in anguish, in agony for help. However, no one was here to help them. No one could hear them, no one cared about their cries. Their only reply was silence, deafening silence.

In that cold field, one girl lay, shivering uncontrollably, her face covered in blood and her clothes tattered. Bruises and cuts covered her body, some were larger than others. Her hair hung loosely, tangled at the edges, and matted with blood. Her body was so weak, she could barely move a muscle, let alone pull herself up. The air seemed to grow colder as each second passed by. Her eyes were closed, but her chest rose and fell rhythmically.

She was alive, barely.

The young girl knew she had to get up, to run away... But her body wasn't helping, it ached, and even breathing hurt, it felt like fire was being poured into her veins, burning her from the inside. Every inch of her body was screaming from the pain. She let out pained grunts and attempted to reach her hand out. With her remaining strength, Nayuki clutched onto the snow, as if grasping onto her last shred of hope.

Tears pooled in her eyes and fell down her cheeks, she gasped for air, her ragged breathing growing more frantic. Another sharp sob escaped from her lips. All she could see behind her was a hazy blur but she fought to stay awake. Her heart rate accelerated as she slowly pushed herself forward.

Everything felt hopeless but...

If she lost consciousness now she'd be dead before morning came. She didn't want that, she wanted to live. Tears flowed down her cheeks as she dragged her body through the snow, forcing it to keep going, ignoring the excruciating throbbing pain all over her body. Her legs felt numb, her hands were shaking violently and her muscles were stiff, not being able to work properly, but she pushed herself onward. With great difficulty, she managed to get up, stumbling against the icy ground, but she ignored the cold. All she focused on was her survival... their survival.

If she didn't hurry then it would be too late.

Their deaths would mean nothing...

Nayuki clutched onto her bleeding arm, tightening her grip on it, her eyes full of determination as she looked in front of her. she'll protect her remaining siblings. No matter what it takes. 

-------------------------------------

And that's all for the prologue, I know it's short. IDK what I was thinking while writing it, I just wanted to show something that hints at my main OC's past while being vague since I am saving the details for a later chapter. It was also meant to resemble the beginning few minutes of demon slayer episode 1 but from now on the longer chapters will start. Loom forward to it because I have a few things planned for both my oc siblings and the Tokito twins.

Side note: Should I do something similar to Taisho Secrets at the end of each chapter? Do tell me your thoughts.