Chapter Fifteen

Tanjiro had no idea what he was going to do without his daughter. They were only step-father and step-daughter, but they cared so much for one another! After she left, Tanjiro went into a deep state of depression. Akaza and Doma wanted to make him feel better, but they had no idea how.

He spent all day in his room, not Akaza and Doma's, which the two thought was weird. One day they knocked the door and got no answer. "Tanjiro?" Akaza called. Still no answer. If Daki was there they could use her Obi to check on him. They opened the door to reveal a sleeping Tanjiro. Akaza sighed, relieved, and left the room. Doma decided to stay and sat down by him.

He stroked his hair and hummed a lullaby he had once heard one of his followers sing. She couldn't compare Tanjiro and Akaza, but there was something about her he found... beautiful. Too bad she's dead. If she had just kept her pretty little mouth shut, she and her baby would be alive. (Check my conversations on my profile. So far If Kotoha never ran away is what I'm doing next!)

Doma heard a mumble from Tanjiro. "Doma-kun? What are you doing here?" he asked. "Can I not see my beautiful boyfriend?" Doma laughed. "You may." Tanjiro chuckled. "How was your sleep?" Doma asked. "It was pretty good Doma-kun!" "That good." "Where's Zaza?" Tanjiro asked. "I don't know, let's go find him."

The two headed out of Tanjiro's room and everyone looked at them. "Why were you in there Doma?" Gyutaro scowled. "Because I have a boyfriend and I'm allowed to see him?" Doma guessed. "How are you Gyu?" Tanjiro asked. "I'm fine Tanjiro." Gyutaro answered. He was pissed off. "Hey Gyu? Did you fight today?" Doma asked his son. "Yeah, I fought some asshole that has 3 wives." Gyutaro answered. "And you're not bothered that I have 2 boyfriends?" Doma laughed. "1. That's a smaller number. 2. You're family and I actually like Tanjiro." Gyutaro explained.

"How's Daki?" Tanjiro asked. "Oh she's good. Kind of getting pissed off with some kid with bright yellow hair." Gyutaro answered. Tanjiro felt like he knew the person, but ignored it. "Kaigaku! Don't give me that sass." Kokushibou scolded him. Kaigaku rolled his eyes.

Tanjiro laughed at the sight and went over to a frustrated Kokushibou

Tanjiro laughed at the sight and went over to a frustrated Kokushibou. "Need help?" Tanjiro asked. "Yes please. Thank you Tanjiro." Kokushibou answered while rubbing the bridge of his nose. Tanjiro grunted as he picked up Kaigaku. "You've gotten heavier Kai!" Tanjiro pointed out. He laughed and flailed his arms around. "I will never know you you calm a baby that easily, Tanjiro." Kokushibou sighed. "Kai's pretty easy to handle compared to my other siblings." Tanjiro told Koku.

"I'm glad that he likes you. I might never be able to calm him down without you." Kokushibou continued. "It's nothing! Plus, I enjoy him!" Tanjiro beamed as he spun Kaigaku around. "Tanjiro! I found Kaza!" Tanjiro heard Doma call. "I'll be there in a second Doma! Im talking to Koku!" Tanjiro called back. "Hey Tanjiro?" Kokushibou asked.

(Before any of y'all come for me, Koku couldn't take the stress of having 2 children.)

"Yes Koku?" Tanjiro replied. "Do you maybe want to adopt Kaigaku? He seems to really like you and I can't handle him and Rui." Kokushibou offered. "Uhm. Do you really want me too? Don't get me wrong I love Kaigaku and everything, but do you really want me to adopt him?" Tanjiro asked. "Yes I do. I'll still see him so it's not like I won't see him anymore." Kokushibou answered. "I guess I will." Tanjiro answered. "Great. I really appreciate this Tanjiro." Kokushibou smiled softly. "No problem." Tanjiro smiled.

Tanjiro went back to Doma and Akaza and waved. "Hi guys!" Tanjiro smiled. "Aww! You have a cutie with you!" Doma cooed as he let the child play with one of his fingers. "Sometimes I wish we could just have him." Akaza sighed. "We can. Koku wanted me to adopt him, so I did." Tanjiro explained. "Did you really!?!?" Doma exclaimed. "Yup!" Tanjiro answered. Kaigaku yawned and closed his eyes and he sank into Tanjiro's chest. "It's someone's nap time~" Doma cooed while adoring the small demon.

"Come on then, I'll have Nakime make a crib in our room." Akaza told them. "Thanks Kaza!" Tanjiro smiled. Akaza nodded as he called for Nakime to add the piece of furniture. "It should be added. Let's go." Akaza smiled walking over to the sleeping baby. Once they were there, Tanjiro laid Kaigaku down in his crib and sang him a lullaby.

"Goodnight Kai"