Chapter 23

Angotto held me by the hand leading me down the hallway to the second main living room on the second floor. We sat on the couch next to the fireplace and eat some brownies and tea......well I had milk since I love milk but they drink goat milk. "Bleh!!" It's definitely not the same!!!

I took Angotto tea cup out of his hand and chugged it down to get rid of that horrifying taste. Angotto start laughing at me. "Ahahaha!!" I didn't know someone could be so beautiful even when they laugh! I laugh ugly like a donkey aha so yeahhh.....

Suddenly I felt something in my stomach, I put my hand on my belly and felt the baby kick and I tapped Angotto multiple times. "Angotto!!! Angotto!!! I can feel the baby!!! Feel!" I took his hand and put it on my belly.

Angotto smiled and then bent down and kissed my stomach since it has gotten bigger now. Even though the doctor said the baby will grow slower then others I don't care and nor do I believe it since my belly has gotten bigger. Though not huge but big enough to seem like I ate too much.

Anyway I'm seriously lost on how the novel will continue, around this time Angela would have met Eian in the garden at the Gainent event place but now that's totally trashed sooooo.......

Eian was a character that was always silent and just more in the background. Poor thing, he always hung out at the holy temple because he really admire the constellations aka the 'Gods'. So maybe if I went to the holy temple I could end up meeting Eian and possibly Angela. Even though my reputation is that of a criminals now I think I should work on getting it up.

"Angotto, How can I get my reputation back up? I don't wanna seem like a criminal." Angotto looked at me and smiled. "Oh? I'm surprised you even care about your reputation. You could volunteer at the holy temple or help out the sick and homeless and maybe even visit the orphanage and play with the children their. It could help since we are have a child of our own."

He is right it would help me out greatly since I have zero experience with babies. "Thanks honey!" I kiss him on the cheek and ran out the room to change and go down to the orphanage. The servants called for a carriage for me and Angotto assigned knights to escort me. It rainy today so the roads are bumpy and slippery. I decided to bring the children sugar cookies I made in the shape of bunnies.

*BOOM BOOM*

Loud noises came from the mountain next to us, I looked out the window of the carriage and seen large boulders rolling down heading for the carriage. I went to the driver's window and yelled. "GO FASTER!!!!"

"But the road is slippery!!! The horses can't take much!" Tch! I would rather take my chances slipping then getting smashed by large boulders. "This is an order. Go faster and get me the hell out of here." The driver hesitated a little and then nodded and whipped the horses making them run faster.

Once we passed the boulders the carriage slowed down and I sat back in my seat relieved. After a few hours the carriage stopped Infront of the orphanage in the capital. I guess since Angotto wanted me to have a comfortable fridge and stand out that's why everyone is looking because the carriage is made of gold and haves the royal family symbol on it.

Well technically I am part of the royal family, me and my baby. I wore a big shawl to hide my pregnancy, I think I'll have to start wearing shawls when I hit 6 months pregnant. I'm about 4 months pregnant I believe but anyway there are a lot of people gathered and staring at me.

When I step out they look at me interested and wondering who I am and why I have the imperial family crest. I just smile kindly at the crowd and waved, the head of the orphanage came out with her assistant and greeted me.

"We humbly welcome you to our lowly orphanage. For give this lowly one for asking but....who may you be?" The head of the orphanage was a old lady who looked like a witch because of her nose and the pimple next to it. I smirked and put my index finger on my cheek. "I'm Vaian Vanques. The third imperial prince prepared things for me so please take care of me for now on. I will be visiting the children often."

"Yes! Yes! Please follow me! The children are honored to have such a high rank visiter." She seem like a greedy pig, always flattering so she could possibly get what she wants. Tch! We walked inside and it was decent and clean looking, we turned down a hall and went in the main room where the children had their toys out and playing with each other.

When we enter they all stopped in place and look towards me. I look at them gently and smile softly. "Hello little ones, I'm Vaian and I hope we get along with each other. I brought cookies, anyone want one?" They smiled and ran over to me and crowded me, they are so cute and small!!!

Good thing it was only ten kids in total because I didn't have that many bags. The kids age are ranging 5-10 but then I spot a little boy hiding in the corner next to the couch by the window however he has ears like a bunny and red eyes. He looks about 7 years old.

 He looks about 7 years old

                                     Jackal/ 7 years old / Orphan

Was he left out? I walk over to the little bunny boy and bent down in front of him. He hugs his knees and back away however the wall stops him. "It's okay, I won't hurt you. I don't have any sugar cookies but I can get you a snack if you want." The little looks at me scared like a bunny.

He's so cute!!! Awwwww I really hope my baby is this cute!! But why does he have ears? Oh! Only constellations have unique features so he most likely a constellation aka 'Gods' but usually they don't have them here because their considered 'Gods'.

"Oh! Dear please forgive us! We didn't expect you to come right away so we forgot to put that little devil in his cage." I froze as soon as I heard her call him a devil. What? Why did she call him that? He's a 'God'. Is it because he's here on earth and not in the abyss? I look at the little bunny boy who looks like he's on the verge of crying and it breaks my heart.

I snap my fingers signaling one of my guards. The guard walked up behind her and unsheathed his sword a little so the kids wouldn't notice. I stay look at the little boy while bending down. "I advise you to refrain from using those words. There are children around, it wouldn't be good if they started using bad language like that. Right?"

"Y-yes, forgive my rudeness." She clenches her fist and frowns silently thinking to her self "how dare he! This lowly unknown bitch dare to threaten me! The great and Famous head of the most famous orphanage!!! Tch!"

After she went silent I signal the guard to stand down. I wipe the little boy tear drops and held my hands out inviting him to come in my arms, he hesitantly crawled in my arms letting me pick him up. I believe he's malnourished so he's a lot smaller than he is supposed to be at his age, I rub the back of his head letting him rest his head on my shoulder as I sat on the couch watching the kids play with each other.

"Can you tell me what your name is?" The little bunny boy nervously played with his fingers then looked at my shyly. "J-Jackal" His voice sounds so cute!! It sounded like a toddlers. My gosh!!!! Cuteness overload!!!!!