Chapter 1

Having just finished their world tour, the brothers of BroZone piled one by one into their shared pod, private from the rest of troll village to avoid fan encounters all day of every day.

Still high on the excitement of performing, Branch skipped over to their picture of Grandma Rosiepuff hung on their wall. She was their biggest supporter, and having her along for the tour to experience each and every concert held a special place in Branch's young heart. 

"As much as I love performing, I am so glad to be in my own pod and not on a bus anymore," Clay groaned, falling back onto a couch.

"Not me," Branch said excitedly, walking over to them. "I could do it all over again. How long until our next tour? I could go again tomorrow."

The 4 older brothers took a quick look at each other and shared a soft sigh, clearly hiding something that Branch, being as young as he was, was oblivious to.

"Buddy..." John Dory began to stride toward him, but Floyd jumped in front of him.

"Not now," he warned quietly. Branch turned his head in suspicion. Going around Floyd, John Dory made his way over to Branch and put his hand on his shoulder.

Out of all of his brothers, Branch was closest to John Dory and Floyd. John Dory was the brother who understood all of Branch's feelings and helped him deal with them, while Floyd was the brother who protected him from said feelings and the world around them. The three of them made a good team, but still, they would not be where they are today without Clay and Spruce.

"I don't want you to upset him," Floyd said from behind John Dory. "He's too young to take care of himself with all of those bergens out there."

"What?" Branch asked quietly.

John Dory sighed, looking away from his 3 other brothers and towards the one he cared for most.

"John!" the three yelled, warning him not to do whatever it was he was about to do.

John Dory opened his mouth to speak, but Floyd pushed him out of the way.

Floyd sighed, ashamed of what he was about to do, but knowing he was the one Branch needed to hear it from. "I didn't want to do this, but, Branch, we're out of sync. We've gone from boys to men and now there's only one direction for us to go. As much as it pains me to say this, you're too young, and you will only hold us back."

Tears formed in Branch's eyes as he turned to the rest of his brothers, who looked at him concerned for his reaction.

"Grandma Rosiepuff will take care of you while we're gone. We'll be back soon, I promise." Floyd took both of Branch's hands, but he pulled back. "We'll come back for you. You're in good hands."

Floyd took a step back from Branch, meeting the side of the rest of BroZone. "I'm sorry."

They all gave Branch a faint but sympathetic smile as they backed towards the door. Spruce was the first to leave, then Clay followed. John Dory waved goodbye, and only Floyd was left.

"I'll see you soon. I promise you." he ran back to hug Branch. Branch didn't hug him back, but instead remained frozen to the ground.

Watching Floyd leave the pod and close the door on his way out, Branch looked over to his bedroom. Grandma Rosiepuff shuffled out of it quietly, smiling and holding her arms out for him.

Crying and feeling betrayed, Branch accepted her hug and remained there for what seemed like forever.