Chapter 3

Having finished their big performance before Bridget's grand entrance, the trolls and bergens found their assigned seats, out of breath from performing as well as their adrenaline pumping from this being their first bergen/troll combined wedding.

"I'm so nervous," poppy muttered to branch as they stood on their own bench as maid of honor and best man. "I hope everything goes well."

branch took one of her hands in his. "I'm sure it will."

as bridget lowered herself onto the ground, gasps were heard from the crowd. king gristle stood at the alter in awe. trolls jumped up and down seeing her in her beautiful gown. poppy gasped, tears filling her eyes as she put both of her hands over branch's, leaning her head on his shoulder, filled with nothing but happiness.

branch hoped one day, the two of them could share a moment like this together.

bridget made her way up the stairs and to the alter. gristle smiled at her, trying his best to hold his emotions together. as they started their vows, branch looked over at poppy, squeezing her hand. "maybe one day, that'll be us."

poppy's smile grew bigger, as she removed her head from his shoulder, her eyes filled with love. "branch, i-"

branch and poppy's conversation, the wedding going on around them, were interrupted by a faint yelling coming from what seemed to be the sky. branch jumped in front of poppy, protecting her as what looked like a small creature fell down toward them.

the strange troll gasped as he caught eye of the his baby brother in front of them. "baby branch!" he screamed, interrupting the wedding and causing every troll and bergen to have their attention redirected.

king gristle groaned, and bridget looked from the mystery troll to him. "who is that?"

gristle looked from her to the trolls. "i've never seen him before."

 branch squinted his eye at him, capturing every detail about his face, wondering if he was in a dream. "what...?"

from behind him, poppy rocked back and forth and her feet. "who is this?" she asked, approaching branch's side.

"i'm john dory," the troll said, making a dramatic scene in front of all of their friends. "branch's long-lost brother."

poppy gasped. branch kept his arms folded, looking everywhere but at him. "what?" poppy screeched, grabbing branch's arm in excitement. "branch, i can't believe you never told me you have a secret brother!"

rolling his yes, branch turned away from john dory, focusing all of his attention on poppy. "correction, former brother."

poppy jumped up and down, looking from branch to john dory. "you said long lost brother? did you two not know of each other?"

john dory approached the two of them, sneaking up from behind branch and smacking his butt. "of course he knew about me! we used to be best buds."

branch turned toward him in anger. "like i said, used to be my brother. my brothers walked out on me and never came back."

from guy diamond's hand, tiny chimed in. "ooh, drama! corn me dinkles!"

"branch!" poppy squealed, jumping around john dory and examining his every feature. "wait. you're the guy, from brozone! we were just listening to them!" her inner fangirl began to escape, as she hopped around the two brothers.

"poppy?" branch, once again, turned his back from john dory and toward poppy. "can we go talk about this somewhere else? please?"

poppy's eyes narrowed, attempting to see right through branch's mind. "okay, i-i guess..."

"umm, hey guys?" gristle called, still standing at the altar, holding both of his fiancées hands. "we still have a wedding to finish."

the crowd laughed, their attention quickly turned from the long lost siblings back to the soon to be bride and groom. as they continued their well prepared vows. taking branch's hand once more, poppy read his mind and kept quiet, knowing all he needed was her company.