Itachi vs Sasuke

We cannot banish dangers, but we can banish fears. We must not demean life by standing in awe of death. ~David Sarnoff

Fuyu's pov

It had been quite for a while. We had sealed the Sanbi and the Yondi at the same time and we were planning on collecting the Goki. 

*timeskip no jutsu*

Kakuzu was killed and Hidan was defeated. Both of them defeated by team 10, with help from Kakashi and the rest of the new team 7.

After hearing the news that Orochimaru was killed by Sasuke, I realized the time would come soon that Itachi had to fight Sasuke. And on top of that, Deidara probably wanted to kill Sasuke because he wanted to be the one to kill Orochimaru.

I was with Itachi and Kisame while Deidara and Madara - who was acting like Tobi of course - were probably fighting Sasuke.

Before we split apart, Kisame wanted to fight Itachi one last time. He knew he wouldn't come back, even if he would win.

Kisame lost, but he had proven to be a challenging opponent for Itachi. "You're going with him, aren't you?" Kisame asked. "He's lucky a girl like you likes him."

"Thank you, Kisame." I said. "I'm going to miss you for sure."

*timeskip no jutsu*

Before he was going to seriously fight Sasuke, he gave me a kiss. I knew there was a possibility I would never see him again, even though I hated admitting it. "Please, don't die." I whispered in his ear.

"If I do, please look after Sasuke for me." Itachi said. "And try to get over it if I die."

He brushed my cheek with the back of his hand. I held it in my hand, realizing this could be the last time I could ever feel his warmth. Tears were streaming down my face, just thinking about the idea.

*****

After several attempts of Sasuke to kill Itachi, they ended up in an Uchiha hideout to fight. Itachi had told me to stay out of it, and I listened to him even though I didn't want him to be alone.

I watched at the fight and saw how it was going. Sasuke had become much stronger and he had learned control over the curse mark I had sealed for him.

During the fight, Orochimaru attempted reviving himself by using Sasuke, but Itachi prevented that from happening.

At the end, when both of them were exhausted, it seemed like Itachi was dying. Before falling down, he touched Sasuke's forehead with two fingers and gave him a genuine smile. "I'm sorry Sasuke, there won't be a next time." he said.

I appeared next to Itachi and looked if he was dead. I felt a weakening pulse, so I quickly transported him somewhere else, into a cave I found a while ago, and used medical ninjutsu on him, trying to save him.

When you were standing in the wake of devastation
When you were waiting on the edge of the unknown
And with the cataclysm raining down
Insides crying, "Save me now!"
You were there, impossibly alone

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

And in a burst of light that blinded every angel
As if the sky had blown the heavens into stars
You felt the gravity of tempered grace
Falling into empty space
No one there to catch you in their arms

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

Let it go
Let it go
Let it go
Let it go

Do you feel cold and lost in desperation?
You build up hope, but failure’s all you’ve known
Remember all the sadness and frustration
And let it go. Let it go

(What song is it? Go ahead, guess ;))

I softly sang while healing him. Tears were streaming down my face, uncontrollably. I just wanted to save him. I knew that we wouldn't be able to get back to our normal life with the Akatsuki after this, but that was never our plan.

All we wanted to do was making sure Sasuke and Naruto were safe. I thought back to our encounter with Naruto before Itachi's fight with Sasuke.

Flashback start

Itachi wanted to talk to Naruto and I let him. Naruto thought Itachi was there to capture him, so he attacked him.

Itachi wasn't even hurt one bit and told him he was merely here to talk to him. "Naruto, we just want to talk." I said.

"Fuyu-chan? What is this all about?!" Naruto asked.

"It's about Sasuke." Itachi said.

"What do you wanna do about him?" I asked. "And what is he to you?"

"I'm going to bring him back to the village, believe it! He's like a brother to me and I'll be more of a brother to him than you will ever be!"

"What will you do if he decides to attack the Leaf? Will you kill him or let him kill you and get away with it?" Itachi asked.

"Neither! I won't kill him, I'll save him!" Naruto replied.

Before the rest of the group Naruto was wirh could arrive at the same place where Naruto was, Itachi and I left.

"Wait!" Naruto cried out. "I'm going to bring back Fuyu-chan too! The Fuyu I know wouldn't do all of this!"

Before Naruto could stop us, I transported me and Itachi somewhere else.

"My brother is really lucky to have someone like Naruto as his friend." Itachi said. "And you're lucky to have a brother like that."

"I know." I said.

Flashback end

---

Cliffhanger!! (I'm so cruel for leaving you with cliffhangers) and the feels, they're just too much!

Song on the side btw

-x Crartistic