🧂Reiner Braun | Sleeping Angry

Ya'll literally daddy Reiner is my favorite character from Aot (tied with Armin ofc 😙)so I don't know why I'm subjecting myself to such pain, but here we go 🥲

-

-

-

You check the time on your watch again, a frustrated sigh leaving your lips as you looked at the empty seat across from you and the cold food on the table. He always does this, you think to yourself, angrily standing up and grabbing your jacket before you walked out the door, slamming it behind you. 

It was the fourth time this week he had stood you up for a date and you were fed up with him!

You'd talked to him about how you didn't like when he stood you up, even though you knew it wasn't intentional you still had a right to get upset. You'd tried communicating with him about why how he was acting was making you upset, but he just never understood. 

Even before you started dating Reiner you knew he had some emotional baggage, but still you tried to be there for him, tried to help him, tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but he screwed up every single chance you gave him. And you thought that maybe it'd be best if you spent some time apart. 

When you pull up to his house you begin to feel nervous, of course you were just telling the man that you needed some space for a while, but you felt that it could completely break his heart. Still, you steel your nerves, the warm summer wind sending goosebumps up your short-clad legs as you walked to his door. 

You knock once, then twice, and no answer. You knock again, still no answer. You huff out an angry breath, deciding instead to use the spare key he gave you. 

When you walk in it was quiet, the idle chatter of the T.V in the living room being the only sound to catch your ear. You look around the living room and kitchen, but no sign of your boyfriend until you finally reach his office, swinging the door open and seeing him sat in the middle at his desk with a reading light on. 

Reiner's head snaps up when you push the door open, the force of it causing the wind to knock a few papers off of Reiner's desk. The man stutters out your name, obviously confused, "What are you doing here?" he asks, picking up the papers that had fallen. 

The question made you angrier, your hands balling into fists at your side, "'What am I doing here?'" you repeat, sucking your teeth with a scoff, "I see you forgot we had a date planned. Again" you emphasize the last word, hands on your hips. Reiner purses his lips, his eyes shooting up to you when he finally remembers. The man gets up from his chair, walking towards you, "Babe? Baby, I'm so sor-" he starts, ready to apologise before you cut him off by holding up your hand to his face.

"Seriously Reiner, I don't wanna hear it." you say bitterly, looking up to the man with sharp eyes, "I hate to say this but I think we need to take a break" you say next without hesitation, watching your boyfriends face fall. 

"W-what?" Reiner chuckles out breathlessly, his hands falling to his sides, "Look, baby I know I made a mistake and I'll make it up to you, I promise" he says, his voice already starting to sound more desperate. But you shake your head, "That's all you ever do, Reiner. You make mistakes, and you always promise to make it up to me and you never do" you, feeling yourself starting to get choked up as well. 

"I get that you have your own things to take care of, but forgetting ever single date we set up this week?" you ask in disbelief, "It doesn't even feel like I'm important to you"

Reiner takes a step forward but you just take a step back, knowing that if you didn't keep your distance you would cave and give him even more chances, but he looked hurt when you did; clearing his throat and running a distressed hand through his blonde hair, "I know I know, but this time I swear it'll be different." he says quickly, "It's just, Bertholdt needed my help with something, and then I got caught up with work-"