17

Chapter 17 ~ O'ddity

-•-

Peace. Tranquility. Silence.

Draco opened his eyes to see Blaise sitting on the edge of his bed. The morning air felt brisk on his exposed neck. Emily sat curled up in the corner. Harper lay on his chest as he sat up in the bed, looking at Blaise questioning.

He stared at Harper. His eyes bore down on her and Draco's first instinct was to cover her up with a blanket further. He could feel her arm wrap tighter around his torso as he gently grabbed her arm.

Her tears now ran dry but her cheeks and eyes were swollen red. Pity ran through him as he looked down at the shell that used to be the bubbling girl

"She's okay," Blaise said, breaking Draco's vision from the girl.

Draco's PoV

I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. This girl was not okay, not in the slightest. I stared at him numbly. I waited for him to say something else, something that could fix this. Fix everything, but he wasn't the one to fix things. The one that does is the one that needed fixing.

"I need Pansy," I said. I started to stare at the wall. My voice must have broken Emily out of her sleep, as she now accompanied Blasie on the side of the bed.

"Why do you need your ex right now," My cousin's annoying voice rang out.

She has a point I guess. The statement was broad and questionable but it wasn't a stupid request. If I could retrieve the girl I would. I wish I could just pick her up and give her to Pansy. But that required waking her.

I looked down and a small smile came to my face as I saw those golden green eyes stare up at me. I tore my eyes away, staring back at Emily. "Oh for Merlin's sake, she's shagging Daphne. Can you please retrieve Pansy for me please," I paused looking at my cousins taken aback. "Tell her to bring her black bag," I finished, watching as she got up rather harshly out of the room.

"Why'd you make her do that," Blaise questioned, still staring at the door where Emily left mere seconds ago.

I looked down at Harper, who was wild awake now, then back to Blaise. "Because she's still attending classes even if we persist. And she looks like a chipmunk right now with her swollen cheeks," I finished the sentence and received a harsh hit to my chest in response. A smile came to my lips at the girl's action.

"She's not going to attend classes, not after last night," Blaise plainly stated, still not realizing the girl was awake.

"Umbridge would have her head if she didn't attend. I need Pansy to do her make-up. She's the only one Harper will sit still for," I said like it was common knowledge. Well, it was common knowledge for anyone that just watched the two.

"So Pansy and Daphne?" Blaise questioned with a small smile.

I could feel her move from under me. She propped her arms on my chest, as she stared at Blaise. "You're really slow to the party. That happened like two months ago," She said with a hint of a smile lacing her words.

Her face was in clear view now. Her eyes were bloodshot. Her lips were destroyed. Her cheeks were still red and old mascara ran down her face. I licked my thumb gently wiping away the old mascara.

Her eyes locked with mine. A cute smile that never reached her eyes stared back at me. "Don't look at me like that," She said, as I pulled my hand away, placing it back at my side.

"Like what?" I questioned not really knowing what she meant.

"Like I'm dying," she joked, although her voice cracked like she was about to cry again.