6

Furukawa Chiyoko's P. O. V.

I looked at the audience as they clapped and cheered. Today was the annual festival at my school and the music club and I were performing. As the music club president I tried my best to win the Best Performance Award at the festival.

"And the winner is... Nishimura High School's Music Club!"

We went to the stage cheering as everyone clapped. The rest of the members hugged me and we took the prizes.

It was a really good day. Sadly it didn't last longer.

I walked home from school still smiling happily to myself.

"Tadaima" (I'm back)

But there was no reply. My house was dark as all the lights were out . I suddenly stepped on something. It was liquid . I panicked and quickly turned on the light.

My blood ran cold.
I saw my parents, their lifeless bodies on the ground and blood all over my living room.

They have been stabbed . Both of them. The blood seeped on their clothes and had spread on the floor.

I wanted to scream, but I couldn't. I stood their for a long moment just staring at their bodies, unable to believe the truth.

They were gone. They were no more. They were killed brutally murdered.

I was now an orphan.

I screamed as I sat up on my bed. I looked around . There was blood all around me . My bed sheets were red and on the floor beside the bed, there were my parents.

"You didn't save us."

"Oka-san(mom) —

"You were so busy with your music. Your performance was more important than us."

"Oto-san (dad) that's not tr—"

"You didn't care about us. Didn't love us. You killed us."

"No, I... there not true. I didn't know . I didn't ...kill..."

"You killed us."

"NO! I DIDN'T KILL—"

I was hyperventilating. I looked at my hands avd suddenly saw blood on it. Everything around me was red. My parents dead bodies stared into my soul.

"You killed us."

"NO PLEASE. I DID NOT DO IT." I had knocked down the lamp beside my bed as well as a vase out of panic .

The  door to my bedroom slammed open. Kazuha ran inside alongside her mom.

"Chiyoko, snap out of it Chiyoko. It's not real. You're hallucinating."

Kazuha held me tightly and rubbed my back to calm my breathing.

I had started crying as she rocked me back and forth.

I slowly stopped crying and looked around . There was no blood, no parents. Everything that my mind had conjured  had disappeared. I then turned to Kazuha and her mom.

"I'm sorry Zuha , Oba-san ( auntie). I didn't mean to wake you up."

"Shut it you. It's not your fault."

"Darling," auntie sat down beside me on the bed.

"Don't apologise for this dear . You were the only one who saw Neechan ( elder sister) and her husband's dead bodies. It is obvious that it affected you. There is nothing to apologise for ."