Chapter 15: Crossroads (Part 2)

After the incident at the hospital, Deucalion released Ashley. They had lost the Darach and needed her help finding the dark druid. That was when Ashley connected Deucalion with Scott. When Ashley first met Scott, she took an instant liking to the boy. In many ways, he resembled Derek.

Through Ashley, Scott decided to seek Deucalion's help, and Deucalion became willing to cooperate. The moment the two werewolves decided to work together, something awoke in Ashley. She started speaking in a mysterious deep voice, not her own. She spoke as if possessed and the atmosphere in the room turned heavy and stormy.

"A True Alpha will rise. A werewolf who rises purely on strength of character, by virtue, by sheer force of will. A True Alpha."

The instant she finished speaking the last word, she broke out of her daze, not remembering anything she said. The others looked at her in astonishment, aware that she had just declared prophetic words over the boy McCall.

xXx

For the past few nights, Ashley had been dreaming about Paige. Paige kept calling out to her but Ashley could not fully hear what was being said. It was as if there was a barrier blocking out her voice. Ashley would then suddenly awaken without having learnt anything at all.

Tonight was different though. The silent Paige led her through familiar woods and finally to the stump of a once big tree. The Nemeton.

Ashley snapped out of the dream and awoke with a start. Only this time, she knew exactly what Paige was trying to tell her and where the Nemeton was.

xXx

Around the same time Ashley was dreaming about Paige, across town Jennifer was revealing her plans to the three guardians. She had been planning this for months. She needed the sacrifices to open Hel's Gate and unleash the Furies. With their powers, she can take revenge on the Alphas.

Nobody else knew, but the Nemeton was a portal of sorts and linked the human realm with the underworld. When Paige died and it revived Jennifer, it made the link unstable. Jennifer hoped to take advantage of this weakness and harness the power that flows out of the Nemeton.

At last, with all the preparations complete and the lunar eclipse starting, Jennifer began the chant. The Nemeton started glowing in a bluish-grey light and the ground opened up. With the Nemeton at the center, a blast of air exploded causing debris to fly outwards. Out of the hole, a swirl of spirits swept out, some moaning others growling as they escaped their prison.

The three guardians watched in horror then passed out as their lifeforce slowly seeped into the Nemeton. The Darach had succeeded. Hel's Gate was open.

xXx

They were too late. Jennifer had opened the doors of Hel and unleashed the Furies. Even with Ashley leading the Pack and the Alphas, they arrived at the Nemeton too late.

As Jennifer gained power, the werewolves lost theirs. Despite the difference in power, the group still attacked her. Jennifer ended up wounding Kali and the Twins. As she was about to deliver the death blow to Kali, Ashley stepped in and tried to stop her. With a single motion, Jennifer sent her flying into a tree. Seeing this, Deucalion became furious and tried to kill her. He too was stopped.

It was at this moment that a few things happened simultaneously. Allison, Isaac and Stiles were able to rescue the three parents, cutting off the source of Jennifer's powers. Ashley, helped by Deaton, reached the Nemeton and touched it, causing the portal to close. Finally, as Scott fought Jennifer, he awoke as a True Alpha and defeated her.

The battle was over within moments. The portal closed, sucking back the spirits that had escaped. As Ashley watched this scene unfold before her, she caught a glimpse of what appeared to be the king of the underworld, Hades. But what really caught her eye, was the figure beside him. It was Paige Krasikeva. Before she could do anything though, she ended up passing out.