Enemies and Friends

Mitsuri's POV

"All right class, I have an errand to run. I will be back in two hours. While I am there, make sure to make friends." The class just sat there is silence. Was the teacher really leaving his students all by themselves? "Oh well, since he left us alone, I will make some friends." I thought.
Just when I got up from my desk, a beautiful girl came up to me. Her eyes were purple she had black wavy hair that fades to dark purple, styled at the back of her head into a flat yakai-maki bun. She was also rather short. "Hi there, my name is Shinobu Kocho. Would you like to become friends with me?" Her voice sounded so soft and elegant. Her voice alone could put a crying baby to sleep. " Sure Kocho-san my name is Mitsuri Kanroji."

" Just call me Shinobu, Mitsuri. Since we are friends after all." Shinobu and I just talked about our interest and the stuff we like. I was so happy to make my first friend. I never had any friends before.

Eventually, the jerk from earlier came up to us with two other people in our class. He looked at us and then smirked. " Wow guys, seems like we found quite the awesome best friend duo. The female clowns of our class, I can't imagine a more perfect duo. I'm Makoto Tanaka, remember that name as I will make your high school life a living hell."

Authors note: Yeah, this guy is supposed to be annoying. He is just some random person I made up in twelve seconds.

This guy really had beef with us for not looking normal. I remember when I was in middle school, I was bullied. I have more muscle density than average humans. I was born with an unnatural hair colour. People called me names. They used to call me 'pink gremlin' Or 'mix-matched ogre'. I was hoping that this wont happen again because there were others like me. However, this just made them bully me even more. Little did I know, that this would be way worse than what I endured.

Shinobu then got up from her chair and said " Wow, your name is just as bland as your appearance. Your just mad that we look unique. I suggest that you look in a mirror before speaking to us. Oh wait- the mirror will crack at your blandness." The entire class just started laughing. Shinobu's voice was calm but I could sense the annoyance in her tone.

A vein popped out of Tanaka's forehead. " Huh? What did you say bitch?" She then smiled. " Your also deaf. I am not going to repeat what I just said." Shinobu was on a roll. " My father is the richest man in Tokyo. He will hear about this." The purple eyed girl giggled. " Yeah go on and complain to your daddy, coward."

Whispers filled up the class. I over heard some of the kids saying " Wait, is he really the son of the richest man in the city?" Some of them said that Shinobu's life is now ruined. I heard a voice from the back of the room yell out. " Wow, what a flamboyant girl! Such a flamboyant way to roast that coward!" Another voice yelled out " Quite the flamboyant girl indeed! Standing up for your friend and yourself is admirable."

" You. All. Are. Dead." The spoiled brat raged " Did your father ever teach you to have some decency?" I told him. I had enough of this kid being mean to my friend. The cowardly brat scrambled back to his seat along with his friends who were silent the entire time.

The two people in the back came up to us. One of them was of tall stature and muscular-athletic build. He had long bright yellow hair with red streaks akin to flames along with two shoulder-length bangs and two chin-length bangs on the side of his head, black forked eyebrows, and golden eyes that fade to red with white pupils. His voice was very loud. The other one was a very tall, broad-shouldered, and muscular person with lightly-tanned skin and white hair. His hair was of an uneven length, the longest strands reaching his shoulders, and was styled with three more notable, shorter clumps arching up to fall as bangs between his eyes and on either side of his face. He had quite thin, maroon eyes that appear to slant inwards, each with one long eyelash flowing to the far side of his face. Not to mention that he was very attractive.

The maroon eyed one said " The friend of the flamboyant girl, is herself flamboyant." The loud one then replied to his friend " I agree. I'm Kyojuro Rengoku and my friend's name is Tengen Uzui. Please allow us to become friends with you girls. Also, since we are friends, call us by our first name."

Shinobu and I smiled. We then introduced ourselves. The class was full of chatter and Tanaka was still scowling and cursing while his friends were comforting him. Soon, our teacher came. He had snacks for all of us.

"Since its your first day of high school, we must celebrate so I brough snacks." Mr. Ubuyashiki might be the best teacher any of us had. We spent the entire time talking, playing games and eating snacks. By the way, the best snack over there was the sakura mochi. One of the games that Mr. Ubuyashiki had planned for us was a trivia based game that had to be done in pairs. However, he chose who our partners were. I hoped that I would not be paired up with Tanaka or his friends.

Instead, he paired me up with the boy who was wearing a mask. When I introduced myself to him, he did not even look at me and just stated his name. Seems like it would take a lot more for us to become friends with him. The first question of the trivia game was.

"What is the most deadliest snake in the world?"

I suddenly regret not paying attention last year when we were learning about reptiles.

"The Inland Taipan." Said Iguro

"That is correct, Iguro. One point awarded to you both."

I was amazed at his intelligence when it came to reptiles. Turns out the questions were animal based. We came second place thanks to Iguro.

"Wow Iguro, we came second place thanks to you! You are so smart!" He turned to me at looked at me with annoyance. "Yeah, it was thanks to me, you were being useless the entire time." His words were like an arrow that impaled my heart. "Im sorry. I will try better next time!" He just muttered "whatever." under his breath. It will take a lot for me to become his friend. I want to be friends with almost everyone in our class. Except for Makoto Tanaka and his friends. They are jst mean to me for no reason.

Soon, it was time to go home. Shinobu came up to me and asked. "Hey Mitsuri, do you want to come to my place?"