『𝓟𝓻𝓸𝓵𝓸𝓰𝓾𝓮』

"ʸᵒᵘ'ʳᵉ ˡⁱᵏᵉ ᵃ ˢᵒⁿᵍ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᴵ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ᵇᵉᶠᵒʳᵉ, ᵇᵘᵗ ᵒⁿˡʸ ʳᵉᵃˡⁱᶻᵉᵈ ᴵ ᶠᵒʳᵍᵒᵗᵗᵉⁿ ⁱᵗ ʷʰᵉⁿ ᴵ ʰᵉᵃʳᵈ ⁱᵗ ᵒⁿᶜᵉ ᵐᵒʳᵉ."

The town seemed quiet for a moment. It was covered with the darknesses of the night, the occasional twinkle of stars here and there. The only sound that disturbed the peaceful silence was humming. A non-recognizable tune that came from a building in the distance. An abandoned mini grocery store is what you would call it. The little building was decorated with cracks, graffiti, and trash the community dumped inside.

Despite it being one big trash can, it was someone's special spot. That someone was located on the roof of the building, humming. Ah, so that's the culprit of the uneven tune. The silhouette appeared to be slouching, and their legs dangling from the roof. We might have to take a closer look to see who it is. Shall we?

Up on the disgusting roof was an ebony boy. He looked to be around the age 15 or 16. Black hair in the form of twist, dark brown almond eyes, a mixture of a lanky but athletic build. Oh yes, Amir Máxime Desrosiers. A good for nothing nobody, how fascinating!

Amir sat on the roof, his feet dangling with with no movement. A cold breeze passed by, nipping at his skin. The thin green sweater gave him no warmth whatsoever. He knew this, but didn't really care to bundle up before leaving the house. Speaking of home, the noirette pulled out his phone from the pocket of his baggy jeans.

The phone screen lit up, temporarily blinding the boy's eyes. After his eyes adjusted to the light, he made out the numbers telling the time. 11:18pm. The boy silently cursed at himself, not realizing how long he had been out for. With a sigh, he began his way down the dusty steps.

The ebony boy was supposed to be home around 9:00 to 10 :30. That was the time his mother told him to be back by. To be honest, Amir didn't really like his mother. If anything, she wasn't even his birth mother, so why must he like her? He tries to ignore thoughts like these, fearing that some sort of supernatural being would hear them.

As he made it to the final step, something across the room shined. He moved his body slowly towards it, each step was hesitated. The object that shined was a simple locket. How it shined so brightly, no one knows. Amir bent down to pick it up and he found it intriguing. A simple leaf design decorated the locket, quite plain in comparison to many other lockets. But Amir always found the simple things in life interesting, so he took the silver locket with him.

Climbing out the window with ease, the boy started his journey home. A small smile was found to be on his face. He was happy over a small object, one that he gets to keep for himself. That was not as common in his household. Everything was shared in the Desrosiers household... okay not everything. But things like clothes, toys, room decorations, and money, especially money, was handed down. It was honestly annoying since Amir was the third son. But he doesn't complain as much as he would have thought. His younger brother is the rightful one to complain. Oh poor Solo.

With a sigh, Amir shakes any thoughts and continued his journey home. On the outside it seems like he is calm, but on inside he is praying his mother wasn't home like many other nights. His mother is a CEO's secretary, quite the high position. Yet, he sometimes bet she doesn't really have to do her job. He sometimes thinks, but doesn't admit, that she'll come home one day with a ring on her finger. But let's not get too deep into that.

Amir grazes his hand on the plain locket, the smile returning to his face. A happy feeling bubbles inside of him to the thought of adding an item to the collection of his own things. None of his siblings would want a basic , boring locket. It's practically useless, just like him.

Oh, if only he realized how soon he would be wrong.