𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝑻𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

I finally made it to Goldenrod at 6:47 in the evening

I finally made it to Goldenrod at 6:47 in the evening. The air felt fridged and dry and I tried to get a taxi to stop.
I did my best to wave down the bright yellow cars but none seemed to stop for me.
"Woah, I've never seen a Shinx like that!" the voice came from behind me, I swiftly turned to glance up at the voice. He was tall, at least taller than me, with thick, spiked hair, and a chunky knit sweater in muted plum color
"Sorry, didn't mean to startle you," he chuckled to himself before continuing
"I'm Gary."
"{Y/N}."
"Well {Y/N}, you look like you need help getting a ride," he took a step closer to me and the curb, his arm going up, waving " Where ya'even going?" there was a slight tilt in his head when looks me, "I'm going to Everest Poke'academy, I'm actually from Unova." I see his eyes widen at this
"That's crazy! I go to Everest"

At last, a taxi finally decided to stop for us. Gray had a small suitcase on him which he now placed in the trunk of the canary yellow car before opening the back door and motioning me to enter.
"Where ya'kids heading?"
"Everest Poke'Academy"
We both spoke at the same time.

Me and Gary talk more, finding out he's from Kanto, and grandson to Professor. Oak, we talk about what classes we were planning on taking, he had originally been planning on studying much more on Pokémon battles and training but had just recently changed his focus to Pokémon research with a concentration on battling. He was brilliant, he held himself in complete confidence in what he said, I was a little jealous, to say the least.

"What are you planning on doing? Like school-wise?"

"I'm not sure... right now I'm undecided" I knew the question was going to come and yet there was still a hint of unease when I answered it.
The taxi came to a slow stop in front of a stone archway, we quickly paid and thanked him, wishing the cab driver a nice night. 
I followed behind Gary, who had been here before. We made our way to the dorm front desk, Gary explained that I would need to get my ID now along with my dorm key.
"Hello, I'm {Y/N} {Y/L/N}, this is my first time at Everest" the kind office worker nodded his head before getting up, motioning me to the small picture ID area, I take a seat on the stool giving a soft, closed smile. " alright, your ID will take about 5 minutes, let get your room key in the meantime." he types into his desktop before right-clicking, and right-clicking again "Here we are, I have you rooming with a Dawn Berlitz in room 403. And as for you Gary, I have you with a Paul Shinji in room 466," it felt strange to know Gary, a stranger I had just met would be only a few doors down.
"Alright {Y/N} here is your ID and room key, and here is yours Gary" We nod before heading to the elevator. Once pressing the four button, I noticed the growing silence. "Have you met your roommate?" I ask softly, the day finally taking a toll on me.
"kinda? We talked a bit online. Actually, do you mind if I get your socials? To keep in touch," he smiled at me, and I could feel my face heat up and my heart begin to beat faster. "oh uh, yeah um sure" I sputtered out, pulling up my Instagram to show him. He typed up my username instantly following it. I feel my phone vibrate with a notification @the.green.oak started following you. I glance at his profile before following him back. 

The elevator door opens me and Gary walk out there's a strange sense of familiarity like I've known Gary my whole life, but I know it's not true he ends up walking me to my door. I open it, and the room is dark or I should say rooms as it was kind of an apartment. Gary politely asked if I'd want him to stay with me for a second I said yes, there was a sense of unease not because he was with me but the fact that the rooms all felt so bare. There wasn't much furniture, just some basic stuff like counters and a desk or two but that was about it, other than that there was no personality to this place, nothing whatsoever, nothing to say that someone had lived here. It was uncanny in a way like I was looking at something that had been preserved. There wasn't really anything Gary could sit on there was a chair or two but that was about it and even then the chairs were hard and cold we decided in the end that he should probably end up going to his room anyway so we said her goodbyes we talked about maybe getting some coffee in the morning but I wasn't too sure depending on what time I woke up and if Dawn would arrive. If she got here then I would kind of have to stay, maybe get to know her or you know chat. I wasn't used to having friends or at least people like to talk to so the idea that I had someone to hang out with was strange. The idea I had two people I could talk to was even stranger. I mean, I haven't really talked to anyone besides family for the past two years and now that I have two people I can talk to it was definitely strange. I tell Gary good night and he says it back. I close the door behind him. the apartment felt cold and alone I kind of wish I asked him to stay though I know that would not have been possible I mean he was a complete stranger to me why would I ask him to stay, but here I was alone again, but alone with Shinx who have been asleep for some time, the poor guy was pretty tuckered out so I ended up putting him in his Pokeball awhile back I let him out the bright light of the Pokeball shines and I see Shinx's figure in a light, he stretches his back legs staying upright while the front part of his body stretches forward giving us a big old stretch, I go to pick him up "You excited for your new home" I say he doesn't give a response to what I've asked or what I've said he simply cuddles up in my arms nuzzling his head in between my chest and hands I guess he missed me too. I walked down the hall well more like a hall it was very small, and there were two doors I assume both bedrooms the layout of the apartment wasn't familiar to me when you enter it was just the kitchen and then the living room attached to it or at least the common area I assume after that there was a bathroom in the common area slightly to the side but right next to it was a hall that had two doors on the same side and then one smaller thinner door on the other I assumed which would be a closet. opening the first door I saw it was just a small basic room there was a small twin-size bed and right next to it desk just basic pieces of furniture nothing too spectacular and from there there was a smaller closet I take a step back and looking at the other one I might as well open it now to see which one Dawn would like, the room was basically the same, it was slightly bigger but I think it was because it didn't have a closet, they included a small dresser but still the same twin size bed and desk that came with the other room. I really didn't have a preference on which room I got I mean they were both basically the same but I tried to see if I could find Dawn's information online specifically just Instagram I didn't want to be a creeper or anything I typed both her first and last name there's a couple that showed up but the one that stuck out to me it was of a young girl she had dark hair small yellow barrettes in them blue eyes her skin was pretty pale and she seemed to be wearing a pink baby tee luckily her account was public so I got to see her bio, don, Everest PA, then a Piplup emoji and snowflake emoji at the end I scrolled a bit on her account she was definitely pretty. I sent her a message and awaited her reply.

 I sent her a message and awaited her reply

1497 words