The invitation

"So, have you figured it out already?" Muichiro asked, waiting patiently for genya to finally figure out the equation. Only to be met with silence as genya reread the question over and over again. "Sorry Mui.. Nothing is really entering my brain right now.." Genya apologised with a sheepish smile as he rubbed the back of his neck. Muichiro didn't answer as his eyes wandered over to the clock. "Okay then, nevermind. It's late and it's time for you to head back home Genya. I don't want your older brother to bang on the front door like last time." The two shuddered at the thought. Genya shivered, "Yeah no, I'd rather sleep well tonight, thank you very much.." Genya said in response, immediately shoving his workbooks and notes back into his bag. Ignoring how disorganised his bag was. He immediately stood up and ran towards the door, giving muichiro a speedy goodbye as he struggled to put his shoes on. "Genya, wait." Muichiro called out as he stood up, walking towards genya. Genya just turned to the smaller boy as he finally managed to put one of his shoes on. "Are.. are you planning to go to the Hanami festival next week with anyone?.." genya paused and he thought for a minute before opening his mouth to reply. "Nope, why'd you ask? I was just planning to skip the whole thing. No point in going alone, right?" Genya shrugged as he put on his other shoe, opening the door to leave. "Genya, wait." Muichiro called out once again, causing genya stop in his tracks. Raising an eyebrow towards muichiro. "Muichiro please just spit it out, I'm trying not to get us killed like last time" genya urged muichiro, his phone already buzzing from sanemi calling him. "Right,  right.. so you know how we're like.. friends now right?.. and that we're like two peas in a po-" "Muichiro." Genya cut him off and muichiro sighed. "Okay fine, I was just wondering iff.. you'd like to go with me to the festival next week?-" Muichiro blurted it all out in one go, genya just blinked at him. "Wink.. wink?" Muichiro added awkwardly as he smiled sheepishly and winked at genya. Genya facepalmed as he snickered at his friends antics. "Seriously mui?.. of course, you could've just asked!- and here I thought you were about to ask me out on a fancy dinner date or something" Genya muttered the last part to himself as he shook his head and chuckled. "Alright, is that all? Cause I really need to be heading home before Sanemi pulls up-" Genya was cut off by a honk. The two turned their heads to find the source of the sound only to see Sanemi looking pissed in his car, right outside of muichiro's house. The two share a worried look as they glanced back at Sanemi who was rolling his car windows down before yelling. "STOP TALKING TO YOUR FUCKING BOYFRIEND AND GET YOUR ASS IN THE FUCKING CAR! DO YOU KNOW WHAT TIME IT IS?! ITS A FUCKING SCHOOL NIGHT FOR FUCKS SAKE!" Genya flinched and he quickly yelled a quick goodbye before running out, waving his hand out to muichiro. "Bye mui! See you tomorrow! Thanks for the help!" Genya yelled as he ran towards the car, his older brother bonking him on the head as he entered it. Letting out a small, "Ow!" Muichiro could hear from a mile away. Muichiro just chuckled as he watched the car drive away, genya still waving at him as the car drive off. Muichiro smiled and he closed the door as the car disappeared off into the distance. Then, he could hear footsteps coming down from the stairs. It was Yuichiro. "So? What did he say?" Muichiro grinned and opened his mouth to respond before yuichiro began speaking again. "I'm guessing he said yes due to that stupid grin that's on your face." Yuichiro said, rubbing the sleep away in his eyes as he walked down the stairs and into the kitchen for a glass of water. Muichiro followed him, grinning like a doofus as he felt warm and giddy inside. "He did! I can't believe it!" Muichiro exclaimed. "Wow, shocker!" Yuichiro replied with wide eyes, muichiro pursed his lips then pouted at his twins sarcasm.