and i can be the blackboard

Today Y/n walked.

Well that's no big surprise, everybody walks.

But today was different, from her usual bouncy cheery skips with a grin on her face, she was walking while her thoughts flooded her head.

Kyo would need to wait two years to get accepted into the Institutes of Mystics.. he didn't even know it exists lol I signed him up though..

I hope it helps him to get better too. I heard it'd like a magical place where people aren't that very ill. Hmm.. I wonder what he'll think about-

"Argh!"

"Sorry! Are you alright?" Y/n looked up to the person she accidentally bumped into. Her eyes widened.

"I'm fine. Hey, you're Y/n aren't you? You're in my brother's class! Y'know, Yamino Shu?"

Shit, shit, shit, shit!

"Um. No?" Y/n panicked, she can't have anymore reasons to speak or be near with Shu!

Y/n's body was seen visibly shaken. Mysta didn't know what he did but he assumed she finds him scary. It's not too late for him to apolo-

"Oh! Sorry if I sounded rude. My name's Kaneko Y/n and yes, I am in Shu's class. You're Mysta, right?" Y/n smiled.

Mysta blinked twice. Ain't no way this was the same person he saw shaking scared just a moment before.

"Y-Yeah, we used to be in the same orphanage? Uh.. that's a weird topic to start with haha.."

Y/n gasped and held both Mysta's shoulders. "Y-You're mysterious detective fox!" With the mention if his childhood title, Mysta blushed in embarassement.

"P-Please don't call me that! Just Mysta is fine!"

Y/n laughed at his flustered self, it was kind of cute. I wonder if Shu makes the same expression if he gets flustered-

. . .

What the frick, Y/n?!

She decides to not think of him at all after this. Yup.

"Uh.. yeah so we grew up in an orphanage together! Argh, we used to be so close! I missed teasing you with your little nickname, hehe~ mysterious detect-"

"Aaaa! Stop!!" Mysta cried. Y/n laughed harder in return.

"Oh." A voice said.

Mysta and Y/n turned their heads, both giving different kinds of reactions.

"Hey you two,"

"Oh hey, Shu! Y/n and I was just talking about-"

Y/n ran off without saying a word. She may looked rude but after what she remembered last night made her feel embarrassed and ashamed! She had to run away.

And yes, it does involve a certain smart person in her class!

When she reached her class' front door, she looked down and took a deep breath. Today will be another great day! She looked up to the door and grinned ear to ear.

"Good morning, everyone!" Y/n greeted as soon as she opens the door. There were various lines of hellos and good mornings from her classmates.

As usual, she took her seat with the same smile plastered on her face. With nothing to do, she hummed and took out her notebook. Y/n was smart but her notebook was just a cover up for her random sketches.

"That's a cute drawing," someone complimented. It scared Y/n a bit, she almost punched the person. Luckily she stopped herself when her eyes met the familiar face.

"T-Thanks, Shu!"

Why did I stutter?! Its not like I like him! He just scared me, that's right, he scared the living he'll out of me!

"You're welcome." Shu smiled a bit. What came next was unexpected for Y/n, he pulled his chair closer to her desk making the h/c haired girl scream internally. "By the way, Oliver-sensei said you're not that very good at maths. Luckily for you, your partner is here to help!"

"U-Uh thanks!"

Was that too weird? I hope it wasn't that weird. Keep calm Shu, you've been her classmate for every grade, surely she understands. She understands right?

While Y/n thinks he was talking to her just to shame her, Shu was just trying to befriend her after years being together yet never had the chance to talk to each other than just subjects.

"I can start helping you at the library near the neighbourhood here. We can grab some drinks too and.."

Y/n blinked, she stopped listening to him.

Is he asking me out on a date?!

"Are you asking me out on a date?" Y/n stared at him. Seeing him stop talking, a surprised look on his face, Y/n started laughing nervously. "Haha.. I was just joking!"

"Yeah, sure."

"I mean, it's not like you wouldn't like me, I'm known and- what did you say."

"I said sure. It'll be like.. a study date,"

FUUUUUDDGGGGGEEEEE

Her suggestion was meant to keep him away from her. Away! A-w-a-y!

"C-Cool!" But she got an idea. "Oh wait, my brother Kyo, he's not feeling well and I have to be there with him at all times to take care of him.."

I'm sorry Kyo, I half lied about this but you're saving me right now!

What Shu replied next made her sweat more than she already was. "That's fine, I can help you at your place instead. I dont think we live that very far from each other."

"Um.."

The classroom's front door opened and their homeroom teacher walked in making everyone scurry to their places.

"Well, I'll get that number some other time, huh? I'll ask you during lunch."

Y/n smiled nervously. "Sure!"

And he did get her number.

"Gah! Why did I agree?!" Y/n screamed in her pillow, frustrated in her choices. She then sits up.

Why is she afraid at the mention of Shu?

Sure he's seen her go being happy and chatty towards others but she avoided him like he was some sort of plague. "Huh, maybe he just wanted to feel included?"

Her thoughts were then halted when her little brother knocked on her door, there standing with his hand over his stomach.

Noticing the expression on his face, he seemed to be in discomfort. "Are you okay, Kyo?"

"I have a stomachache, a headache and probably a fever.." Y/n frowned at her brother's mention of sickness.

Looks like she'll be taking a few days off from school just for a bit.