Chapter 11

Warning: minor non-con, attempted sexual assault, violence

No Shifty...

Lifty looked around the empty apartment. Nothing was out of place. It was like they had a cleaning day on an off day when they didn't have any work to do. Lifty clenched his shirt tightly, flinching when Splendont slammed his fist into the wall.

He looked over to see Splendont coming into the bedroom, "He's not here. Any idea where he would have gone?"

Lifty looked at the ground, shaking his head, "No..."

Splendont walked over and he grabbed onto his scarf, glancing to see the red of Splendont's shirt in his peripheral, "Covering up for him? I got a score to settle with that prick after he cut my goddamn eyes."

"N-no, I'm not—!"

Lifty jumped, stumbling into the dresser when Splendont pushed into him, cornering him on the furniture. He raised his hands, trying to push at Splendont, only for his wrists to be grabbed and yanked up.

"Ah!" He let out a soft cry, finally looking up to see Splendont looking down at him with an angry expression.

Splendont's eye twitched as he squirmed against him. Splendont was quick to temper like Shifty. Strangely, he found a slight comfort in that, but it didn't stop the fear in his heart from spiking that Splendont was like Shifty.

He's going to hit me.

He shut his eyes when Splendont leaned down, flinching moments after when he felt something knock against his head softly. His eyes opened quickly, his eyelashes fluttering slightly when he felt Splendont pull his arms back and made his hands press onto Splendont's shoulders. Lifty looked up, shaking his head a bit when his bangs got in the way. He let out a soft sound when Splendont let go of his wrists to wrap his arms around his waist.

"Uh?" Lifty let out a soft huff, blinking when he felt Splendont pull him closer into his chest.

What... what is he doing?

"... Splendont?" He called out softly, wincing at the crack in his voice.

Above him, Splendont sighed, making him flinch at the warm breath in his ear, "I was pretty pissed off just now."

Lifty tensed at this, tempting to move back only for one of Splendont's hands to slide up and push on his upper back to keep him pinned against his body. He was confused. But... Splendont didn't feel bad, only cold. He shivered slightly, feeling the coolness of Splendont's palms seep through his clothes.

"... I don't... feel mad now..."

Lifty's ear twitched at Splendont's low murmur. He was confused, but — honestly — this was better than what he was expecting. Just like last night. The coolness from Splendont felt nice. He always liked it cold anyways, the heat made him itch and sweat.

It didn't last long though. Splendont let go after a few moments, making Lifty frown when he put some distance between them. He didn't get hugs very often anymore. It was hard to get any from Shifty when he wasn't drunk.

As long as he doesn't hit me... Splendont's okay...

Splendont rubbed the back of his neck before turning and walking out the room, "Alright, looks like I gotta find some clues about your brother then."

Lifty blinked before following after him, "Oh! Um, where do we start?"

Splendont stopped and turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow, "We? You're not coming with me."

Lifty felt his heart drop as he reached up and grabbed his scarf, "What? Why not?"

"You'll slow me down, duh. Just wait here. It won't take me long to find him." Splendont turned away again, only for Lifty to rush over and latch onto his arm. "Hey! Let go!"