Scrying out the Situation

Morning dawned warm and muggy over the expedition camp, the light filtering through cloth and canvas to stir the occupants within towards wakefulness. Shawn Ironstorm, Wielder of the Star Sword, and commander of the expeditionary force to Uepolua, was one of them.

Letting his eyes open a little more casually than they had the day before, he drew in a breath of air that was not only already jungle warm and thick. But filled with the scents of his and Faith's lovemaking throughout the night as well. Coming to their bed naked helped Faith's gamble pay off. He wasn't sure where he found the strength, but when she woke him a handful of turns after they had gone to bed, he found his blood on fire. And that, in turn, triggered the full depth of her dark elf passion.

He turned slightly towards Faith, who was still sleeping snuggled up to him, her face nestled into his neck, her naked body pressed close against him and a leg looped possessively over him. And he leaned in enough to kiss her on the top of her tousled head.

While both dark elf women demonstrated the fire of their race's passion and emotion during lovemaking, Faith and Dezi couldn't be more different in their approach. The calm and reserved noblewoman was primal in her intimacy, a force of nature that swept them both to the heights of passion and explosive release.

The ascetic warrior-monk, on the other hand, was thoughtful and careful, communicating and discussing the entire time even as she was shuddering with release. It was both intuitive and complementary, a give and take that was a careful exploration towards mutual pleasure instead of a storm of ecstasy and release. Not that Faith didn't join him in being swept up by maelstrom after maelstrom of release. It was just more interactive than the primal force that was Lady Dezinor.

Which, drained from his five days in bed without proper food or water, allowed them to repeatedly engage and ease back if the need arose. And that allowed a very exhausted young man to give his loving dark elf wife as much pleasure as she desired over the course of the night.

<<Silver Flame's mercy, is that morning already?>> Faith throatily asked as she stirred against him, lifting her face enough to tenderly kiss him along his throat. Then she was smiling with pleasure as, with a surge of restored strength, Shawn pulled her onto him.

<<Morning, yes,>> he said after lifting his head to kiss her deeply. <<Time to leave bed, no.>>

<<Mmmm.>> Faith leaned in to drink deeply from his lips a second time, feeling Shawn's body delightfully respond to her yet again.

<<You read my mind, my Shawn.>>

Words were held in abeyance for a long moment as the kiss extended and their bodies began working together towards release once more. Then, re-engaged and climbing the mountain towards ecstasy, Faith found his ear to breathily say:

<<I love you, Shawn.>>

<<I love you, Faith,>> he replied before biting her on the neck and triggering a low moan of pleasure in her throat.

A plate of field rations in his hand, Banik was scanning over ready reports from his officers sometime later when, in a strange echo of the day before, Shawn sat on the same stone across the fire from him. In the human's hands was a plate piled with not only rations but foraged food as well.

<<I would've thought you would've found better company in the Covenant's mess this morning, Shawn,>> the big elf said without looking up from his reports. <<Your over and above efforts yesterday made at least four of them change their hairstyles.>>

<<The exact reason I'm breaking my fast with you, old friend,>> Shawn said around a mouthful of legumes and boiled meat. <<I need just a little space to recover.>>