Bitter memories

This is one of the many stories I plan to publish.
In the future it will also be announced in ao3 to reach more readers.

The point of view is narrated from Kcalb, in the past before and during the great war in the Gray Garden.
Any comments and corrections are welcome, now you can enjoy reading.

ShayeraZAF−

−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−−

I still remember that day despite the broken and blurred memories. This utopia that I know and am used to would be completely unthinkable in those times.
It was a stormy day when I found you, the rain was raging hard in that overworld ruled by her. I shouldn't be there, but everything was necessary in order to end the nightmare in which I was involved.

Oh, I remember, you were just a child... Your two big gray eyes looked at me with terror, your hands trembled with cold as you clasped them in your clothes trying to keep warm. You were in a panic, and the tears threatened to escape staining your cheeks and mixing with the raindrops.

Maybe... I shouldn't have, but... But... I saw you so helpless, scared, small and innocent, and I was so young and naive from the future that it would cause...
But what could I do? Let you starve? Knowing how you would freeze out in the open and just walk right by?
How many would accuse me? What would they think of me?

Regardless of the questions and doubts, I couldn't help but take you in my arms and abandon the mission that I had entrusted to help you.
I know you won't remember those moments, with luck you were one or two years old, and surely your parents died in the clutches of my subordinates.
They say that there are irreparable errors, but even if nothing is ever the same again, at least we can try to mend it.

The underworld was dry, dead of life, devoid of emotion... It was dangerous for you, but under my arms, you would be safe.
When they saw you, they immediately asked about your existence, your motive and reason for being in this inhospitable territory where the angels suffered terrible consequences.
A hostage? Say that I intended to save your life would be to dig your own grave, and sometimes a harmless lie was worth more than a cruel truth.

At first you tried to run away from me, my horns scared you, my appearance froze you, and sometimes I heard you cry at night until exhaustion got the better of you, falling into a deep sleep. You refused to eat, and it was difficult to treat you in front of all those demons.
You grew up fast, but you refused to see me as a father, and I refused to care enough for you, with a bad feeling that my actions could end your life eventually, even if I didn't want to... I was created to destroy, to break, to kill...

However, with the passage of time, things began to change. As soon as you were a young teen, you began to follow me, to talk to me, to laugh, to feel... After many years of patience, you started to trust, knowing me as... A brother...

It was the first time that... my heart melted and... I knew, maybe I had a reason to make amends. But despite that, I knew she didn't, and she would hate me for taking one of her angels with me.
Some demons still treated you badly, others began to get used to your presence, and you innocently reached to find out more about them, curious about their horns and tails, intrigued by the texture of their wings, so different from your feathered ones. .

White feathers that over time were changed to a dark gray like coal. Then I understood my big mistake. Fallen angels lose the purity of their wings when they start to hate their god, and it was at that moment that I realized how you had preferred to change sides, joining the demons.