chapter one

"can you stop?"

doyoung gave donghyuck a side eye look not breaking his conversation with his boyfriend. they were at their apartment so he made the rules. if he wanted to flirt with his man he could do that no matter what their guests thought of it. usually when you invite someone to your place you have to be more polite than that but donghyuck basically invited himself and was spending already too much time bothering them.

"just focus on the game. it's in front of you. not here." doyoung said back.

the younger male sighed trying to do as he said but not long after he got disturbed again. this time by some explicit comment doyoung whispered not-so-quietly that he definitely didn't want to hear.

"that's enough! mark tell him something" he whined. the said male stopped typing on his phone and brought his attention to the argument.

"something" he said then went back to his previous activities. he couldn't care less about donghyuck's issue with the couple.

"what are you doing? take my side. we're in this together." the brunette scolded him right away.

in fact, they were both third wheeling at that moment. the only difference between them was that mark actually had a girlfriend and was also texting her all the time. meanwhile donghyuck was single and bothered by everyone else's relationships. he just wanted to hang out with his friends without reminding him that he's alone and all his previous dates failed.

"no, you're the one having a problem with that. get yourself a girlfriend." mark said and tried to push away the younger boy who sticked to him like a koala.

one thing about donghyuck was that he absolutely loved physical contact no matter if it was in a romantic way or just casual friendly hugs. mark did not though so he kept rejecting him.

it wasn't only about having a special person. donghyuck wanted to have someone to hold, steal kisses from and generally be allowed to touch whenever possible. he wanted to fall asleep in someone's warm embrace every night, be able to make all these sweet, little gestures towards them and spend time together so he wouldn't be alone most of the time. his friends were making him jealous of their relationships and that's why he was mad.

"if i get a girlfriend then who's gonna be your cuddle buddy, hm?" said haechan.

"i never said i want nor enjoy being your cuddle buddy."

///

he didn't sleep almost the whole night too busy playing league of legends with johnny. their sleepover ended perfectly on time when doyoung and mark went to beds but the two kept on starting more matches until the sun was starting to set. he was used to function like that though it never was too easy to go through the day on lack of sleep. especially when he had lectures that day.

donghyuck made sure to buy two cans of energy drink on his way to school. not so sure it'll be enough. even if it was bad for his health he desperately needed a dose of caffeine to survive until late afternoon when his classes were supposed to end.

at the gates of their university he met with mark who left earlier than him since he woke up at a normal hour. he was once again texting with sua, not even noticing that the younger boy appeared in front of him.

donghyuck took his phone and hid it in his jeans' back pocket. it caused a frown on the boy's face but he didn't say anything, pretty used to this behavior.

"today you're hanging out with me." donghyuck said proceeding to pull mark by his sweater's sleeve with him.

"i don't want to." he replied but let him guide them to the building.