A...Valentine's Day? (Valentine's 2024)

"I regret the offer to him." Android 17 punched one of the poachers as he spoke.

"Eh?" Android 1 was barely caught off guard after she got kicked by one. "What do you mean?"

"He doesn't even help us..."

She thought about what he said as she knocked out another poacher.

It wasn't the time to be thinking about him since they were busy fighting. The poachers never seemed to quit but she also never cared.

Much deeper in the forest, laying on a tree branch, a man had his eyes closed. He slightly snored every now and then but stayed asleep, looking relaxed as a butterfly landed on his nose.

"All he does is laze around all day." Android 17 kicked away a poacher towards his partner.

She ended up punching him down, watching as he got knocked out. "There's nothing better for him to do, is there?"

"He could be of better help."

"But I think the two of us are fine on our own."

"Hm..."

One of the poachers pulled out their hand gun, pointing it towards her. "DIE!"

"Eh? Die?" Android 1 tilted her head to the side and frowned. "That's weird."

Once the man on the tree heard the gunshot, he instantly opened his eyes and was greeted by the butterfly.

"I can't even relax around here." He sat up and the butterfly flew off his nose. "Tch."

"Ow." Android 1 rubbed her cheek and looked teary eyed. "That hurt! So much, so much!"

"Don't cry right now...please..." Android 17 was already annoyed enough by them. "That's not going to be good..."

"You know what else isn't good?" They heard a voice as he came down and kicked the poacher who shot her in the back of the neck. "Me not relaxing."

"So now you decide to help us..."

"Hey, it's Chan!" Android 1 waved at him happily, forgetting about the gun shot. "Hi, Chan! Chan is such a cute name!"

"It's not Chan, it's Chang!" He snapped at her and stepped on the poachers head. "I only came to help because this guy woke me up."

"At least you're doing something." Android 17 mumbled and pushed him off the guy. "How about helping us get him on a boat away from here?"

"No can do."

"Are you kidding me?!"

"I'm still tired because you guys woke-" He heard a vibrating noise coming from the poacher and jumped. "He has more weapons on him!"

"It's not a weapon." Android 1 chuckled and kneeled down, reaching into his pockets and pulling out a phone. "Here it is."

Android 17 felt a sweatdrop run down as he went to her side. "You can't just rob him."

"It's not robbing, only borrowing. Besides, he might have called some of his friends."

Chang jolted and looked like he was about to run. "You don't know what that does!"

"I know more than you."

"It's safe. Just come here." Android 17 pulled him back over and looked at the phone.

"If that does anything to me, I swear..." Chang mumbled, staring down at the bright screen.

"It's just a notification about today." Android 1 seemed much less interested and threw the phone up. "It's nothing."