The long nightmare

"Here's your food Ma'am," I said, placing a Chicken Burger in front of a lady. "This isn't good enough" She said "This took a whole half an hour for you to make" "I know, but it's really busy today and I had a lot of orders to make before making yours" I said "I made it as quick as possible". The woman just scoffed and turned her head in the other direction.

While I was working in the kitchen for a few minutes, I then saw that same lady complaining to my boss. "Your kitchen girl is obviously too young to be working in the kitchen," She said "My food is cold and the bun is still frozen" I know that I defrosted the bun. She's just exaggerating. She brings the food up to the counter and demanded a refund. When I said that I couldn't do a refund for her. She stormed out of the building shouting "I'm telling everyone to never go here" While she walked out she knocked over some of the plant pots we have near the door for decoration.

"Zara come here, please!" My boss shouted in my direction. "I know it's not your fault, that we're busy" She said "But I think she might be right, maybe you are too young to be working here" She pointed toward the kitchen saying "Look just finish today and I'll see if I want to keep you working here" "Ok," I said heading toward the small kitchen. "Oh, yeah, can you also fix the pot plant up real quick?" She asked "Okay," I said turning my head around to face her.

I walked over to the pot plants to clean them up and while I was cleaning the pots I saw a small rat that I living under the pot. That's strange I thought, don't we have rat bait under there, sure enough, we did have rat bait under there it was just smart enough to not eat it. I walked back over to the kitchen after picking up the rat in a small container and putting it outside.

I finished the rest of the orders as quickly as I could. "You're doing really well" a lovely lady said walking up to the counter "The food was delicious and I know it's really busy today" "Thank you, that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me today" I replied. "Keep up the good work" She said with a lovely smile on her face. I returned the smile to her while she walked out the door.

Just one hour left I thought to myself while finishing up the last bowl of chips. I bring out the bowl of chips to the family of 4. Then I walked back to the kitchen and started the huge pile of dishes on the bench. The mum of the family walked up to me and asked if they were still getting the gravy. "Oh, sorry," I said "I couldn't read what I wrote, I'll get it started right away" "Thank you," She said. I started the gravy and gave it to the family.

I walked back to the kitchen to finally start the dishes because there was a lot, think about what you would call a lot and double it. It took a whole hour to finish those dishes and I finally got to go home. Although my boss still hasn't talked to me about whether I would still be working or not. I walked over to the front counter only to find her not there. Oh well, I guess I can't ask her today, I thought to myself.

Unfortunately, I had to ride home even though it feels like 50℃ outside. I started the long ride home, but then I suddenly started to feel lightheaded and unwell. But of course, stubborn old me decided to keep riding instead of stopping as I should've. Within the next 5 minutes of riding, I started feeling really dizzy by then I realised something was wrong. I stopped and I dialled 000 on my phone and started talking to the operator. "Good afternoon," She said "What's your emergency" "I'm feeling really dizzy an-and tir...." "Ma'am, ma'am?" "Are you okay ma'am?" She asked worriedly, at this point, I was lying on the ground hardly able to keep my eyes open. I could hear the quiet sounds of her asking me where I am and telling me to stay awake slowly fading.

When I opened my came back to reality I felt myself lying on the ground that felt like cold and soft dirt. I opened my eyes to find myself looking at old buildings that looked like they came from the middle ages.