01

I guess you can call me 'crazy'. You can call me a 'troublemaker' You can call me 'dumb'. You can definitely call me 'irresponsible'. But you can always call me "The life of the party".

"Chug it! Chug it! Chug it! Chug it!", The crowd cheers. I chug the 5 vodka shots as fast as I could and won too. "You totally cheated!", Dev shouts. "You wish", I laugh.

       Dev and me have been friends since we were 5, playing in a sand pit. Now we're super drunk and smoking pot. Dev's parents are divorced and super different. Dev's dad is a deadbeat who is always drunk and doesn't have a job, meanwhile her Mom is a very expensive lawyer, who only drinks red wine. Dev obviously likes her dad more.

       My parents are unfortunately together but are always fighting, Probably because my mom keeps cheating with dad's brother. My mom is a super perfectionist housewife who is obsessed with her image and the people around her. My dad is a successful business owner of the most popular hotel in the city. I normally stay with Dev when she's staying at her dads. Since Dev's parents co-parent, she rotates houses. She hates it.

I get separated from Dev at some point and start dancing till my hips stop working, Eventually I make my way to the counter and continue dancing. Dev joins me and convinces me to do another shot with her.

      At this point, I'm half blood and half vodka. My vision is really blurry and I have zero self control, I see something I want, I'm taking it.

     I see an unfamiliar face, He's very muscular and honestly super hot. I go up to him and.... My vision starts to blur again, before I know it everything goes black.

I regain consciousness as Dev is driving. She definitely shouldn't be, being that she had just as many shots as me but at the moment I don't really care. Dev is humming along to a song I don't know.

"Your finally awake!", Dev says a little too cheery. "Mhm", I manage to mumble. "I thought I was going to have to pick you up and take you into the house myself", she laughs. I become a little bit more concerned about how drunk she is and how she's driving. "My mom would kill you", I say laughing drunkly too.

      I quietly make my way up the stairs to my room, unfortunately for me, my mom was coming downstairs, probably to get more wine.

"Skyla! What are you doing up this late?!", My mom yells, waking up the entire block. "I went to the movies with Dev and a couple of other friends", I lie. "I don't want you talking to Dev anymore", Mom says. "Why? Because her family isn't perfect. Well news flash Mom, We're not any better", I say defensively.

       My relationship with my mom could be better, like a lot better, but I can't help lashing out when she's ruining my family and and ruining my happiness. Even just thinking about her makes me mad.

     I go to my room before my mom can judge any further. I grab a tiny baggie out of my nightstand drawers and let the drugs crash into me like waves.

I wake up to my mom screaming at my dad. I quietly go downstairs to ease drop.

"People saw you drive that car! People saw that in the passenger seat was your secretary! People know now George! Get out of my house! I need a break from you!", my mom screams at my dad.

My dad throws his hands up in defeat and shouts "It's always about your image with you!". Then he simply leaves.

"Skyla, I made breakfast!", Mom calmly shouts as if that heated argument never happened. I splash my face and brush my teeth so that no trace of alcohol can be found. I grab some grey skinny jeans covered with holes and a plain white shirt, then I throw on a flannel.

 I grab some grey skinny jeans covered with holes and a plain white shirt, then I throw on a flannel

"Hey Mom", I say fake smiling. "Good morning Skyla!" Mom says. When Mom gets into a fight with someone else she won't EVER mention it again. It's simply as if nothing happened.

      "Can I just eat on my way to school?", I ask. "Sit down!" My mom yells. "We will have a nice breakfast! A breakfast like everyone else's family!", Mom yells. Then she smiles. I sit down and copy her exact smile. 

I eat my mom's perfectly golden pancakes just like she want me to.

When I'm finally finished, I grab my car keys and leave.

First stop: Dev's moms house.

     I pick up Dev in my obnoxiously expensive car. "Hey Skyla!", Dev's mom shouts from the front door. "Hi!" I shout, once again fake smiling. Dev gets into the car, and waves goodbye to her mom.

      Once we're a block away, I pull out a cig and she does the same. "I woke up to my mom screaming at my dad", I say puffing out smoke. "Doesn't she do that everyday?", she laughs. "Yeah. I so wish I could just live with you and your dad", I say. "Me too! My face is so sick of fake smiling" Dev laughs.

     We get to school and Dev immediately says "Do we have to?!". "Where are we gonna go? Our Moms have eyes everywhere", I laugh. "2 period we go to the roof", Dev says. "Deal", I say back.

    Dev and I walk into the school without a care in the world.

    My mom has already told me that I'm going to have 5 kids and be a housewife so what does it matter.

     I continue to smoke inside the school though it's not allowed.

      "Hey Sky", Jake says. "Hey J", I repeat back, Dev snickers. Jake has been our friend since 7th grade. "There's a party tonight at Toni's place", he says. "We going?" I ask Dev. "Sure", She says. "I'll pick you guys up around 10", I say.

     Dev and Jake almost in sync say Deal. I snicker and put out my cigarette. We all make our way to class.

      Mr. Hollister is a super creep and unfortunately my science teacher. The only reason I flirt back is because I want good grades.

After class Mr. Hollister asked me to stay behind. "Skyla I just thought I'd tell you that that outfit is going to make boys crazy", he says low-key super creepy. "Does it make you crazy?" I smirk. "More than you will ever know Sky" He says under his breath to me. I smirk and make my way out.

We'll pretend I didn't feel the need to throw up after that comment.

      I go up to the roof where I find Dev, Jake, and Toni. Toni's parents are poor and live in a trailer park, The only reason Toni can go here is because of a scholarship. Toni's parents are super in love and huge hippies.

"Hey Toni", I say. "Hey Ky", he says back. "Have you heard of the new kid, His name is Rome."
"Yeah! I think he was at the party yesterday", Dev shouts. "He was the one to catch Ky when she blacked out last night", Dev continues. "Really?!", I shout.

    "Why did you not tell me", I shout at Dev. "Are you mad at me?", Dev asks sarcastically. "Ugh I hate you", I say. She laughs.

   After 2nd period, I go to chemistry. I sit in the seat closest to the window at the back. Toni sits towards the front, Jake sits next to Toni, and Dev is in Literacy.

If you couldn't tell, Jake and Toni are best friends, kinda like me and Dev.

   Once everyone is seated, the teacher and a student that looks strangely familiar stands at the front. "Class, this is Rome. He's new and I expect everyone to treat him with respect", Mr. Daxter continues. "Rome, you can sit next to Skyla."

    Rome walks up to the seat next to me and sits down. "I'm Skyla", I say. "I know", is all he says back. Rude...