03|Widow's Spring

╔•═══•༺۝༻•═══•╗03|Widow's Spring╚•═══•༺۝༻•═══•╝

╔•═══•༺۝༻•═══•╗
03|Widow's Spring
╚•═══•༺۝༻•═══•╝

Inside the old bank vault that had been renovated, some HYDRA agents were working on fixing the Winter Soldier's arm that had been damaged by Natasha's taser disk. Meanwhile, Sung massaged her shoulder which had been aching since her encounter with the great Captain America. The woman had discarded her suit and wore shorts with a sports bra so that the doctors could do their assessments.

A sudden jolt came from the Winter Soldier who knocked over the man who had been working on his arm, countless guns were drawn and pointed at the brunet in the chair. Sung had her own aimed at the man's forehead, and she stalked closer slowly. "Сумерки. Солдат. Один. Осень. Зима," Sung spat quickly and the Winter Soldier relaxed back into his chair and stared at Sung, waiting for her to say anything more.

Pierce then waltzed into the room, and as his training entailed, the Winter Soldier looked away from Sung and onto the blond man. After all, Pierce was the superior handler and Sung was second to him always.

"Sir, he's...he's unstable. Erratic," One of the scientists said whilst hyperventilating out of fear.

The scientist was ignored as Pierce moved closer to the seated soldier out of time. "Mission report." No answer came and the Winter Soldier maintained a glossy look. Angered, Pierce recoiled his hand and struck the brunet across the face, making the soldier's face snap to the side without emotion. "Mission report, now."

"The man on the bridge..." Bucky trailed off, a soft frown on his face. The man looked at Sung, who stared back blankly. Bucky looked at Pierce. "Who was he?"

Pierce bit his tongue before replying. "You met him earlier this week on another assignment."

"I knew him," Bucky whispered, a gutwrenching look on his face.

Sung narrowed her eyes at the soldier. She knew the Winter Soldier's past with Steve Rogers, she had spent enough nights with the soldier to hear him scream from his nightmares and call out names. Sung had spotted a letter that the soldier had once started writing in a moment of clarity, she had burned it before anyone else could see it.

"Your work has been a gift to mankind. You shaped the century, and I need you to do it one more time," Pierce said encouragingly, trying to get the soldier to comply one last time. If Sung was shocked at the realisation, she didn't show it. They were going to get rid of the Winter Soldier, he had finally become more trouble than he was worth. "Society is at a tipping point between order and chaos. Tomorrow morning we're gonna give it a push. But, if you don't do your part, I can't do mine, and HYDRA can't give the world the freedom it deserves."