Finding our way back.

"Aap se har mushkil mai saath denay ka waada torne ki maafi chahta hoon, mai buhat sharminda hoon, meri feelings ki wajah se aap buhat hurt hoi hain kya aap mujhe maaf karain gee?"

Saying this he put his head on her lap gently nuzzling his face in her stomach.

Zimmal could feel his tears wetting her shirt and her heart clenched at what they have become.

"Zayd, I missed you. Your touch. Your hugs. The way you would come to me after a long day at work. Your texts. I missed you in those long hours in night with Zinnia would be cranky and not sleep. I missed you each and every day the day Zinnia reached her baby milestones. I wanted to call you back. But I couldn't, I thought I am not beautiful anymore so you don't look at me. I thought I don't get ready now so you find me ugly. I ...."

And before she could speak further she felt zayd lifting her kameez and kissing her birth scar. And her breath hitched. Her hands automatically started caressing his hair. And Zayd spoke

"Zimmal, i m sorry you felt that. When i married you it was for your inner beauty. And you still are the most beautiful woman for me. These scars on your body remind me of what you went through. These chubby cheeks. This glow on your face makes you look mine."

Zimmal felt her heartbeat fast. Even after years of togetherness he still had same effect on her.

"Then why did you not look at me. Stare at me till the point I was irritated? Like before"

"Zimmal, I .... I don't know how to explain but i felt so lonely. You both looked so complete without me. Whenever i looked at you it would remind me of all our memories. Me and you. And I i just missed the efforts you would put in for me. Zimmal, aap ki jagah koi nahi le skta ham thoray door  zaroor howe hain laikin ap meri ruh ka hissa hain. Kabhi apne baray mai ghalat na smjhye ga. Jo kuch hogaya, usko badal nahi skta par agay kabhi apko akela nahi chooroon ga". Zayd said.

"Zayd, I forgive you. But will you forgive me too. For not trying. For giving up so easily?"

"Aapko sab maaf hai hayat'im.But promise me you will never let us fall apart again. I will be there for you and Zinnia but you will hold me before i fall. On everystep. Will you?
(Every Thing is forgiven for you my life)

"Yes". Zimmal said and both of them stood up. And Zayd wrapped his arm around her. Her head rested on his chest. They stayed like that only the sounds of heartbeats in the room.

Zayd gently forwarded his hand and unwrapped the chaddar around her. Letting her hair flow. And that's when he noticed she has put on makeup which was smudged due to crying. His gaze travelled to the earrings

"This.? I thought you forgot ...."

"How can I? Whatever you give me is so precious to me. I can't ever forget. "

And Zayd smiled so brightly. And Zimmal too. Both of them were lost in each others smile and Zayd gently leaned in and placed his lips on hers. Taking her by surprise. And Zinnia responded equally. They kissed like two lost lovers.

Breaking apart, Zayd saw her outfit and looked at her questioningly. "I found this discarded in your study. That day i thought you broke your ritual of gifts but then i understood you didn't you just needed understanding. I also made Zinnia wear what you bought come come i will show"

With that she dragged him to the lounge. And Salma just shyly ran out of the lounge.

"What was that?" She questioned picking Zinnia up.

And Zayd started laughing. "Your ahahah your lipstick is smudged. She might have thought uhmm uhmm the kids are here".

Zimmal blushed furiously. "you stupid man, tameez nahi hai bilkul. Kya sochay gee wo"

Zayd came and wrapped his arms around Zimmal and Zinnia

"Yahi ke mujhe aapse buhat muhabbat hai" .

Zimmal and Zayd have started to heal. But he had a long way to makeup to Zinnia.

************
A/N this is second last chapter.