Welcome To Harrel Horne, Come Again

Morning came and I got shivers. I was hugging my blanky to my chest as I open my eyes. The alarm came quiet. The golden sun started to peek from the cone-shaped mountains and tall, herculean trees. I felt empty, deep and hollow—something lingers upon my chest.

A feeling I cannot discern. I find it hard to get out of bed, knowing what day it is today. I clasp both of my hands together. I was cold. I cannot imagine what awaits us, will we commit such injustice or will we be punished because of our bad behaviors due to noble reasons? What may come, I hope that it doesn’t make much difference.

I want to stay on the ground, I cannot bear malaise. I wish for things to come together, knowing I learned something I shouldn’t. I’ve always fancied learning, acquiring new information, but what knowledge I have now is doubtfully good. It comes with a price.

A price I must pay, like how Hennah did with her life and her pair of—still—missing eyes.

I heave a sigh.

I dressed in my uniform and tied my blue hair in a high ponytail. I took the white note I hid somewhere. I brought it with me.

Someone knocked on my door. I opened it.

“Mack, it’s time to go,” Jaisland appeared.

I didn’t even had my breakfast yet.

“Okay.”

“You seem glum today, Mack,” Watt commented. He walked beside me, on my left.

“Where’s Hades?” he’s not with us. Is he not coming to school?

“He went earlier than us, I think. I came to knock on his door. He wasn’t there. I asked Miss Androssi, she said he went out earlier.”

“I see.”

“I can stop thinking about what’s going to happen later,” Sullivan scratched his head.

“I’m surprised you’re having thoughts! I thought your mind is only of use when you read porn magazine!” Jaisland exclaimed.

 She gave Sullivan a hit on the head. I do not know how she does that. Sullivan’s taller than her.

“My brain is of use when I’m about to get punished by the faculties.” Sullivan commented. “Plus, it’s not a 'porn' magazine. It’s just a bunch of naked women.”