A WORLD OF VAST VALUE

Fire and flame. Magic and mages, crossroads and choices. Each with drawbacks. These are the foundations of my existence.

The name's Allagoi, and I'm from Kingsharp. A land so magical that some refuse to believe it exists, but let me tell you; it's real alright. My story isn't the greatest, but I hope that someday, someone may free me from my rash choices and give me a chance. And I'm sorry, Scital, for your undignified death at the wrong time.

Today was the day. I had been restless for weeks on end, awaiting this. Today, I would fight my final duel of the league and move up a tier. There had been rumours spilling around, depicting who I would burn. Some warlocks assumed it would be some random electric user. Others guessed a water user. The truth? Only the Kingsharpian League Committee & referee knew who. I hoped it would be a wildlife user. Wildlife users were wizards that had control over the ground, mammals, and plants. "But Allagoi, that's all nature! Why aren't they called nature users?" Many young wizards ask. I'd always answer with "The sky is nature, fire is nature, the water is nature. The term "nature" is broad, so we call those greenery wizards "Wildlife users"."

This is where I come into play. I'm a fire warlock, you see. If anything I may be considered the best of the best. My control over flames is unmatched, and I can even turn into flames. Few fire users know how to do that, more or less have the courage to try it. Many, many students have died while trying to learn my type of magic, which makes fireworking one of the most dangerous skills to withhold. Even my followers feared me. You got that right, followers. After beating Selistin two years ago, wizards all across Kingsharp had found interest in me. Selistin was a noble electric user, able to transfer his body through the smallest of wires. Of course, I was jealous. But at least Selistin was kind, and accepted defeat. If he hadn't then I wouldn't even be writing about him... I should probably give you a little insight on my life and Kingsharp as a whole, shouldn't I?

First things first, the name's Allagoi. Born from a woman and a man unexpectedly, I come from a long line of great people. Deckes the Great, Yeltes, former Queen of Scorice, Hisones the Psychic Bearer, and Irines, warrior of the Kinethises. Each died in dramatic ways, from a poisoned arrow to the heart and falling down a cliff with the sun setting, to sacrificing themself in an explosion. Every single one of us had the same strawberry blonde hair, with a lean posture to match. My flames had come from great grandmother Yeltes, who ruled over Scorice with a burning passion to move forward in fireworking. As of now I live on the same road her castle had been on, to remember her for the next generation of Scoricians. Our land was on the coast of Tonith, the most well developed region in all of Kingsharp. Speaking of Kingsharp, you probably haven't got a clue what life is like here, have you?

Let's just say that Kingsharp is where magic reaches its limit. A single continent in an ocean of mystery. The southern region is Tonith, where 70% of all Kingsharpian humans reside. To the left of us is Arvith, home to the largest plains in the known universe. Most of the hungry creatures are found there, where it's do or die. Many travellers have to take the long way around, by boat. Otherwise? They'll probably get eaten or paralyzed by a Chekilena (a large feline animal that is known for ripping skin off easily, while being pretty much immune to most types of magic. Trust me, the stories word it in the most gruesome ways). Above Arvith is Geolith, the largest region in Kingsharp. Most exotic species of wildlife are documented there, with many gods taking a liking to the scenery. Geolith comes in all colours, and the underground is no different. The only worry in Geolith are the Cyanocitens and Poxines. Two bird-like humanoid beings that have a rivalry more engaging than the Sea vs Sky type ordeal. The last region, Sealith, is to the right of Geolith, forming a backwards "C". As the name suggests, this region is best known for its rich sea critters. Very few human settlements are located there, due to the frustrations with travelling to Sealith. It's the farthest region away by land, and if you travel by water then you'll be struck by many angry Seolins (Fish-like humanoids that usually migrate close to the surface. If you get caught in a school of them then you're probably gonna sink, so watch out if you plan to travel past the sea). And that's pretty much it. Anyways, onward!